Wiki Posts
Search

How find a movie seen on DL?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
How find a movie seen on DL?

I am trying to find online streaming of the movie "In Love with Lou: A Philosopher's Life". This is about philosopher Lou Andreas-Salomé who interacts with the likes of Nietzsche and Freud.

A friend saw this on a DL 737 last Dec when she and I flew SJO-ATL but I never found (or noticed?) it again until I flew a DL 737 last month (SLC-ATL).

I cannot find this movie through regular vendors like Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, Hulu, and YouTube.

I found a number of webs offering 'free streaming' if I opened an account, but I am very suspicious of such webs.

The only vendor online that looks safe is Nmod but they do not actually have the movie to stream. So is there another way to locate a streaming version of the movie one sees on DL flights but cannot locate through established vendors?

Last edited by Xeno; May 24, 2017 at 2:40 pm
Old May 24, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: DL DM and 1.5 MM, UA GM, HH DM
Looks like it's available here
Old May 24, 2017, 10:32 am
Original Poster

I saw that, but one must click on links and I hesitate to do so.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:41 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
German film or video sites ?

I don't know much about recent foreign films, but there might be some German sites that would have access to it?
Old May 25, 2017, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Some of my searches turn up German webs, but I still have not found a web that can stream the video that sounds safe.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: none
OP, you asked for assistance on this board and got a response. You don't like the answer you received. That's fine.

Mods, what does this have to do with flying Delta?

And why is this a "must read"?
Old May 25, 2017, 7:17 am
Original Poster

In what way did I not find the previous responses of value???? Sorry, but I do not under the reference to "must read".

I asked here because of the link to DL's (737?) database thinking someone might know some of the vendors used by DL for a film like this.

This has not been the only time I went searching for a movie I saw on a DL flight but could not find through the better known USA vendors.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:04 am

The internet might be too scary and complicated .
Old May 25, 2017, 11:51 am

It's showing next Wednesday evening (May 31) in Waterloo, Ontario (http://www.princesscinemas.com/movie/lou-andreas-salome)!
Old May 25, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: DL, UA
https://www.clevelandfilm.org/films/2017/in-love-with-lou--a-philosophers-life

Here's a link from this year's Cleveland Film Festival. The movie was shown and the link might have helps for you to obtain a copy of the film itself.

There are several films shown either by streaming or AVOD on Delta and United that I personally would love to see but cannot find them through the legal means either, like the OP.

In my estimation the vast choices on Delta Studio are a reflection of the overall quality of the inflight experience Delta offers. My one request is that the airline publish a list updated monthly with the AVOD and streaming options. The website only highlights a few of the featured options.

Skycubbie

Last edited by skycubbie; May 25, 2017 at 11:52 am Reason: Adding a link
Old May 25, 2017, 2:17 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Xeno
In what way did I not find the previous responses of value???? Sorry, but I do not under the reference to "must read".
I'm assuming it appears on the front page of FT. I'm not sure exactly how threads are chosen, but I'm betting it that the thumbs-up "News" button (on the full FT interface) has some input into that. I doubt it's just the mods choosing them (as Allan38103 implied on another thread)
Old May 25, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: none
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm assuming it appears on the front page of FT. I'm not sure exactly how threads are chosen, but I'm betting it that the thumbs-up "News" button (on the full FT interface) has some input into that. I doubt it's just the mods choosing them (as Allan38103 implied on another thread)
Someone clueless in the hierarchy of FT gave this thread a misleading headline and then mistakenly gave it the label of "Must Read." Sorry, OP and sorry, Mods if it wasn't you.

IME, that just lowers the overall credibility and usefulness of FT.
Old May 25, 2017, 4:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Allan38103
Someone clueless in the hierarchy of FT gave this thread a misleading headline and then mistakenly gave it the label of "Must Read." Sorry, OP and sorry, Mods if it wasn't you.

IME, that just lowers the overall credibility and usefulness of FT.
The front page is basically all click bait I think. I just have "My Flyertalk" bookmarked and bypass it entirely
Old May 25, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Allan38103
OP, you asked for assistance on this board and got a response. You don't like the answer you received. That's fine.

Mods, what does this have to do with flying Delta?

And why is this a "must read"?
Never understood why some who are not mods feel the need to moderate the forum?
The OP has no control over this being a "must read" from the home page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.