Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta's most senior ...

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Delta's most senior ...

Happier trails, greener pastures, and friendlier skies to our #1 stew MaryAnn Brokaw.
She flies her last trip today.
Northwest Orient June 1, 1959 - Delta May 19, 2017

Our new #1 is Joan Prince Crandall.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Old May 17, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Back to a PM-DLer?
Old May 17, 2017, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Back to a PM-DLer?
No. Joan started at Hughes Airwest, merged with Republic, merged with Northwest Orient (Northwest Airlines), and then merged with Delta.

I know Joan, a very nice lady.

Fly Safe!

NWAFA
Old May 17, 2017, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Good grief. Three most senior flight attendants in a row were from NWA? Their work force must have been considerably older than Delta. Or maybe Delta flight attendants just retire at a reasonable age.
Old May 17, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by NWAFA
Happier trails, greener pastures, and friendlier skies to our #1 stew MaryAnn Brokaw.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA

That's 5 years longer than I've been alive and I plan on retiring in 5 years.
Old May 17, 2017, 10:45 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC

Happier trails? greener pastures? Friendlier Skies?

I hope you have a long, healthy, and happy retirement Ms. Brokaw.
Old May 17, 2017, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beckles

Happier trails? greener pastures? Friendlier Skies?

I hope you have a long, healthy, and happy retirement Ms. Brokaw.
It's a Flight Attendant thing.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Old May 18, 2017, 12:12 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Fair enough, to a frequent flyer it could sound like "things should be better now that you don't have to deal with the passengers anymore" (especially the "friendlier skies" part).
Old May 18, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
NWAFA are you receiving your pension check from the (former) Union or Delta?

I wish this FA well. Safe and happy times into retirement.
Old May 18, 2017, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kettle1
NWAFA are you receiving your pension check from the (former) Union or Delta?

I wish this FA well. Safe and happy times into retirement.
Actually, yes. I receive my pension from NWA (managed by Delta). We only had a 401k plan at Delta.

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
Old May 18, 2017, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC

Fly Safe!

NWA FA
^ ^ Happy retirement
Old May 19, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
No. Joan started at Hughes Airwest, merged with Republic, merged with Northwest Orient (Northwest Airlines), and then merged with Delta.

I know Joan, a very nice lady.

Fly Safe!

NWAFA
Your people (PMNW) owe a huge debt of gratitude to both PMDL and the ex-TW F/As who worked tirelessly to put in place McCaskill Bond legislation that you were ultimately the beneficiary of. The career expectations, network, viability, capital position of DL was far superior in early 2008. DL didn't extend full occupational DOH out of the goodness of their heart, and I firmly believe had that not been in place they would love nothing more than making en example of how worthless "representation" and "protection" under your CBA in a change of control situation is. It's not fair that PMDL is bearing the brunt of your people's windfall yet so many PMNW are still bitter to this day when they hit the lotto and have had base earnings increase over 50% since the transaction closed and you transitioned to DL at-will terms in 11/2010 and your collective bargaining rights were "extinguished" (as the AFA eLines communications stated at the time).
Old May 19, 2017, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Your people (PMNW) owe a huge debt of gratitude to both PMDL and the ex-TW F/As who worked tirelessly to put in place McCaskill Bond legislation that you were ultimately the beneficiary of. The career expectations, network, viability, capital position of DL was far superior in early 2008. DL didn't extend full occupational DOH out of the goodness of their heart, and I firmly believe had that not been in place they would love nothing more than making en example of how worthless "representation" and "protection" under your CBA in a change of control situation is. It's not fair that PMDL is bearing the brunt of your people's windfall yet so many PMNW are still bitter to this day when they hit the lotto and have had base earnings increase over 50% since the transaction closed and you transitioned to DL at-will terms in 11/2010 and your collective bargaining rights were "extinguished" (as the AFA eLines communications stated at the time).
annnnnddd
Old May 19, 2017, 7:02 am

If the OP is referring to company seniority that's one thing but it's 100% germane if we are talking occupational/date of entry to classification. NW did get a big windfall, and PMDL seniority was cheapened as a result of this transaction
Old May 19, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
What travel or other benefits do retired FA's retain?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.