Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/VA Codeshare fare class changes?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Curious for those on here that have these tickets: Did you buy chance get an exceptionally good deal on your W ticket? I did, and I'm just wondering if there were some mistake W fares recently and wondering/concerned that VS may be trying to fix that.

(yes, I'm paranoid about being forced to sit in Y for 12 hours, my TATL flights for the past few years have been in J, so trying PE is already a bit harrowing for me).
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Curious for those on here that have these tickets: Did you buy chance get an exceptionally good deal on your W ticket? I did, and I'm just wondering if there were some mistake W fares recently and wondering/concerned that VS may be trying to fix that.

(yes, I'm paranoid about being forced to sit in Y for 12 hours, my TATL flights for the past few years have been in J, so trying PE is already a bit harrowing for me).
Yes, I got a comparatively cheap deal......worrying now too!

Was hoping it was because i'm open jaw, but suspect it could be a back office cock-up.

Just hope as a DM they honour the fare.....
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)

Worry not, this has happened across all PE VS flights on DL codeshares. I have a couple of expensive PE bookings with the same issue on direct flights. Having spoken to a friend at VS, it is down to DL re-coding and having a knock-on effect with the VS systems. It will all be sorted soon I am sure.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR

FLIGHT SEAT
DELTA 348 Delta Comfort+™ 11E
DELTA 4355* First 25K
DELTA 4354* First Choose Seat
DELTA 2306 Delta Comfort+™ 11E
I paid 1864$ which I do not consider cheap. Purchased on February 7th - so no way is that a mistake fare.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And I have just been on the VS website and it says the flights are operated by Delta - really weird
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:16 am

In my case, there were loads of VS K class fares. I tried to book a package with eBookers (10% cashback if you book the flight + hotel for one night, bit of a trick), but it kept rejecting the booking. I really wanted the cashback, so I didn't book the flights individually. Within 30 mins of first trying, there were only W fares left through VS.

I tried booking it as a package with a DL fare code and it all went through at the original K class price. Everything was confirmed by VS and DL, so I was happy but very strange to see a sudden jump from K to W and DL still selling K price fares.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:39 pm

OK glad to know. I paid ~$900 for SFO-LHR which I thought was a fantastic deal, and was worried about a claw back.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage; FlyingBlue; Miles and More
Welp, I got an email from Delta acknowledging that there was an 'error' and I'm still in PE as booked. But at least they confirmed I'm not losing PE!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wolseyebor
How annoying--I had the same email for a LHR-JFK flight in just over a week. Just got off the phone with DL, who said that they're guaranteeing whatever class you booked into, that it's just a labelling problem. So that does sound like you keep PE if that's what you booked.
However, VS PE is not equivalent to DL C+.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However, VS PE is not equivalent to DL C+.
There should be no issue here. When you book unto VS PE it books into "PREMIUM ECONOMY (W)". It does not just say W. And when you book into C+, it says DELTA COMFORT+™ (W) (Or WU if upgraded). I suppose DL could argue that these are both W class, but even in the booking it makes a clear distinction.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I paid 1864$ which I do not consider cheap.
For W in general, that is a reasonable advanced purchase price. Not cheap, but not expensive either. US-EU usually prices out in the $1500 - $2500 a/p range.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 5:54 pm

DL is selling PE again but right now they want $3600 for a r/t ticket SFO-LHR in the fall. It is being sold as: Premium Economy (A)

Must still be working out the kinks.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DL is selling PE again but right now they want $3600 for a r/t ticket SFO-LHR in the fall. It is being sold as: Premium Economy (A)

Must still be working out the kinks.
Yes my flights are still showing First A on the TATL legs.
Old May 5, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
So looks like it's still messed up.
Looks like it shows G now when i searched PE with Virgin Atlantic operated flight.

So I have a question. If i booked this flight via delta, on this VS operated flight, can i credit miles to SQ?
VS allow credit to SQ, but Delta doesn't.
I know i can book it on VS site, but i need it as Delta
So in my case, technically my flight is delta flight? So it will be Delta flight with W fare class?
Old May 5, 2017, 12:47 pm

I've been meaning to call in again and take the time to escalate this to get better information. Will try to do in the next few days and will report back, just need to set aside enough time to be put on hold for a while, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.