Wiki Posts
Search

RUC Choice Benefit Resolution Time

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:45 am
Original Poster

RUC Choice Benefit Resolution Time

Hello!

How long does it traditionally take for RUC's to appear in my skymiles account? One agent said "Business Days" and one said "24 Hours". Have a flight that just had an equipment conversion to lie-flat, and would love to get up higher on UG list. Last time I requested was right before my status ran out, so It didn't really matter how quickly they showed up in my account.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by theresalreadyathreadaboutthat
Hello!

How long does it traditionally take for RUC's to appear in my skymiles account? One agent said "Business Days" and one said "24 Hours". Have a flight that just had an equipment conversion to lie-flat, and would love to get up higher on UG list. Last time I requested was right before my status ran out, so It didn't really matter how quickly they showed up in my account.
Mine have usually appeared in a matter of hours.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
While they take awhile to show up to a phone agent they should show in your wallet within an hour. Once that happens call in and read off the cert number and they can apply even though they don't see it.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
While they take awhile to show up to a phone agent they should show in your wallet within an hour. Once that happens call in and read off the cert number and they can apply even though they don't see it.
Very odd. I'm not seeing them in my wallet yet at all, but I've received the confirmation email. Maybe just takes a while longer on a weekend.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I second that. Also, check your email. They may not show up in your wallet at the exact time the email goes out or vice versa. Just did this and had them within a couple of hours, but did have to read them to the agent.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold
When I got mine they showed up in my wallet in a matter of hours. I called to apply one and the agent wasn't able to do it. She came back to me and told me that even though I can see them that they needed 24 hours to become active before she could actually apply it.

I called back the next day and it applied fine.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rcurry01
When I got mine they showed up in my wallet in a matter of hours. I called to apply one and the agent wasn't able to do it. She came back to me and told me that even though I can see them that they needed 24 hours to become active before she could actually apply it.

I called back the next day and it applied fine.
They can't see them in your walletown the first 24 hrs. However if you give them the number they can apply it. However not all agents of course understand them not seeing it doesn't mean they're not available for use.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:05 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
In my case: a few hours; also wanted to use them right away; also was able to read the numbers over the phone to the agent and have them applied.

So not doubting rcurry01's experience, but you can push gently or HUCA if you find yourself in that situation again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.