Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL MQMs - Miles Run

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bgriff
I have cleared SIN-NRT in advance and at the gate. Worth having an agent check for confirmable availability, obviously, and going during the summer when business travel is lighter can be your friend. Also keep in mind when weighing this route against other options, SIN-NRT is not a short flight, though at least Delta's 777s are only 9 abreast in coach.

Keep in mind that this trip requires some time. Unless you want to do only 6 hours in SIN, you would need a full 4-day block to do it.
NRT-SIN is now flown by a 767.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
There are some really good J fares to ICN these days. Very easy trip at a great airport and int'l city.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:40 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
MQM mileage run from SLC

There appears to be an unannounced fare sale to Asia until June 28.

I found this rare $599 SLC PEK run with a three day layover

https://goo.gl/flights/QjEj

Most of the really good fares are from SEA and LAX. Travel from September 4 through December 15, 2017.

Enjoy! Jim
Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jimquan
There appears to be an unannounced fare sale to Asia until June 28.
FWIW it's been in the rotation on the front page since at least yesterday.

Name:  1498110450-picsay.jpg
Views: 1331
Size:  41.8 KB
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
FWIW it's been in the rotation on the front page since at least yesterday.

Attachment 34691
No emails though. At least not to me.

Jim
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'm doing a quick run for 1,000 MQMs

$120 DC-NY-DC

Mostly because I am 61 MQMs away from the Platinum and I want the status before my next international trips
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I only do domestic same day turn MR's, with occasional redeye returns for some trips. My NY runs in June were booked as JFK-SEA-JFK and I used SDC's to extend them to JFK-LAX-SEA-LAX-JFK. 6800 MQM for < $300, about $0.044 ai. without SDC's it would have been 4842 MQM at $0.062 ai.

I have a few LGA-MIA-LGA booked for July which I'll SDC to LGA-MSP-MIA-MSP-LGA for ~5042MQM at $210 ai $0.04

Admittedly, the free SDCs as a DM makes it possible for me to do this. However, you can use Google Flights to find some stuff. It probably won't be in the sub $.05 cpm range but you can get close with a bunch of research.

It'll be tough to find really good prices from NYC but if you look about 60 days out on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, you'll probably find a few. Google shows 6 dates in September JFK - LAX - JFK, non-stop same day turns for $291. 4950 MQM @ $0.059

Also, until you get enough status for free SDC's calculate the benefit of paying $50 for the additional MQM's.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Hilton Honors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I'm going to piggyback on this thread.

Any tips for DL mileage runs ex-ATL? I can't seem to find these amazing 0.03 cpm deals from elsewhere. Is google flights still the easiest way to do this for rookies?

As for positioning to other cities, how do you guys usually do it? Award ticket to say CHA to position for a run?

With the flying I already have planned, I'll be about 7k miles short of Platinum and want to make Platinum for next year when I'll be flying a lot more often.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

3 CPM deals are fairly rare. You can't expect to find them on a regular basis (and you almost certainly won't find them out of CHA). You can generally find 4 CPM deals out of NYC or CHI to places like SIN or JNB. However, those would be overkill for your needs.
ATL-FAI can be found from $480 roundtrip (main cabin) with an immediate turn. Earns 7428 MQM's.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:10 pm

Understood.

Funny you mention FAI. I'm actually using ANC twice this year. ATL to ANC via SEA returns roughly 7200 MQMs at $484. I have one planned later this month with immediate turnaround, but I have one Dec 8-9 as well with an overnight stay. Roughly 6.8 cpm.

I might look into YVR, too, via LAX. They seem to have some decent fares < $380 and can net about 6000 MQMs. Maybe for next year.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
FYI, we have an entire forum dedicated to the topic of Mileage Runs and have a thread specifically to discuss mileage run requests on DL/SkyTeam.

You'll find a lot of valuable info provided by helpful people:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...lp-needed.html
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, AVIS Preferred Plus
Hi G-man

I am planning for the same trip from ATL as well. Plan to return the same day with the flight departing just 45 minutes after landing in ANC. I hope 45 minutes is adequate to catch the return flight. Flying on Sep 30, Sat Day and back on Sunday Morning

Thanks

Originally Posted by G-man82
Understood.

Funny you mention FAI. I'm actually using ANC twice this year. ATL to ANC via SEA returns roughly 7200 MQMs at $484. I have one planned later this month with immediate turnaround, but I have one Dec 8-9 as well with an overnight stay. Roughly 6.8 cpm.

I might look into YVR, too, via LAX. They seem to have some decent fares < $380 and can net about 6000 MQMs. Maybe for next year.

Last edited by Love_Travel; Sep 10, 2017 at 10:40 pm
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Love_Travel
Hi G-man

I am planning for the same trip from ATL as well. Plan to return the same day with the flight departing just 45 minutes after landing in ANC. I hope 45 minutes is adequate to catch the return flight. Flying on Sep 30, Sat Day and back on Sunday Morning

Thanks
Ah missed by a week. I'm doing it Sept 23. I think I thought should be enough time and actually I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same aircraft for the return.
Love_Travel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.