Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Help... Has anyone heard of being on A FA's watch list for a flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Earlier today I was flying on a transcon from JFK to SFO. When I had ordered a snack and paid with my credit card a Delta FA told me that I was one of a few passengers that was on a special list for the flight and that the FA should take good care of me? At first I didn't believe it, but when the FA showed me my name did appear. Has anyone ever heard of this list? What does this mean?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ADeutsch
Earlier today I was flying on a transcon from JFK to SFO. When I had ordered a snack and paid with my credit card a Delta FA told me that I was one of a few passengers that was on a special list for the flight and that the FA should take good care of me? At first I didn't believe it, but when the FA showed me my name did appear. Has anyone ever heard of this list? What does this mean?
Are you an elite or HVC in some way?

Elite status is listed on the manifest, and I've been personally thanked for my business several times in the past. Mostly on regional carriers, but it is a nice gesture nonetheless. I've never heard of a special list though.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do you have elite status? Full fare ticket?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

I do have elite status with Delta. As for the ticket it was a regular coach fare. The FA was nice and gave me a drink, but still wondering why my name was on a list? About 5-9 people on the list.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

HVC=Have Voiced Concerns I have done recently in the past since the beginning of January
Full Coach Fare Delta flight 2+ hours delayed due to mechanical issues
First/Biz Class Ticket-Luggage destroyed
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I do have elite status with Delta. As for the ticket it was a regular coach fare. The FA was nice and gave me a drink, but still wondering why my name was on a list? About 5-9 people on the list.
What is a regular coach fare? In particular, what was your fare class? [First letter of the fare code often, usually indicated in the search or ticket/PNR by a single capital letter. The order is Y B M S H Q K L U T X V E N for coach fares.] FULL fare means Y without restrictions, although there can be B and even M and S fares that are fully refundable and changeable without fees.]
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:43 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
HVC=Have Voiced Concerns
HVC = High Value Customer . . . . if you didn't already know.

eg: Not just a "regular" Diamond Medallion, but, a "Diamond 360".
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

JFK to SFO fare class was V SFO to JFK Fare class is L.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
This is Delta trying to make elite or HVC customers in YC feel special as AA does already.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
This is Delta trying to make elite or HVC customers in YC feel special as AA does already.
Do you feel special?

Originally Posted by WWads
Mostly on regional carriers
Really? I've only ever been thanked for my loyalty on mainline, and apart from that, I've generally found regional FAs to be aloof / have an attitude.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ruckzac
Do you feel special?

Really? I've only ever been thanked for my loyalty on mainline, and apart from that, I've generally found regional FAs to be aloof / have an attitude.
Yeah the FAs on several 50-seaters have walked around with the manifest personally thanking each elite.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
Yeah the FAs on several 50-seaters have walked around with the manifest personally thanking each elite.
Good to hear. I guess I'm flying the wrong Connection carrier(s).

On a recent Connection flight, I boarded with Premium and asked the FA if I could store my garment bag (which had its own hanger) in the coat closest. She asked me what seat I was and when I said "4D" I got the stink eye and a sharp "no." This was a particularly bad experience, but the tone / attitude is consistent with what I've come to expect from regional carrier FAs.

Last edited by rucksack; Feb 23, 2017 at 8:01 pm
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Marriott Gold Elite
What is "Elite" in this context? Someone mentioned "Diamond 360," what is this exactly?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by SecurityTheaterFanClubPresident
What is "Elite" in this context? Someone mentioned "Diamond 360," what is this exactly?
The term "elite" is thrown around a lot here and is fairly vague. In the most broad sense, it means anybody who's earned at least the lowest level of status (Silver). The higher your status, the more 'elite' you are (or at least, that's what Delta's marketing would want you to believe). In the context of WWads's post, elite probably means DM and possibly PM.

Delta 360, is an invite-only program that rewards Delta's more profitable and influential customers with benefits like proactive rebooking in the event of irregular operations, a dedicated customer service line, and thank you gifts. Because inclusion in Delta 360 is based on profitability per mile, or in some cases one's influence over their company's travel decisions, you technically don't have to qualify for Diamond in order to receive Delta 360 (though the assumption is that most people who earn 360 are also Diamond since it is a far more exclusive program than Diamond).

You can read more about it here:
http://thepointsguy.com/2016/06/top-perks-delta-360/
https://www.loungebuddy.com/blog/sec...ltimate-guide/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.