Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Has DL changed the onboard meal policy for domestic F?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has DL changed the onboard meal policy for domestic F?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
LAS and LAX to DTW redeyes are both over 1500 miles and they are still showing refreshment on the redeyes
I have a feeling they have been slow to update wording to the changes

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Strange. We need reports people who are on these routes to know what is actually being served.
Agree. Also the 1100+ miles round the clock wording from @Delta reps does not show up anywhere on Delta.com (that I can see anyway).
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:58 am

Got off redeye sea-jfk today, no meal was offered in F.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
read the orginal post wrong. Delete.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:18 am

No matter what, the late night meal policy will make people unhappy. For people like me, who only get about 2 hours sleep on a redeye, its a long time between dinner and breakfast, so the meal is needed. Some people hate the light and the noise. Well, most FAs are very considerate and ask if you want to be woken up on early morning breakfast flights and I assume this carries over to late night dinner. Plus, now that they have invented eyeshades and earplugs for the sensitive sleepers, I think this is a great step forward!
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by sogi
Got off redeye sea-jfk today, no meal was offered in F.
Time to gripe for free SkyMiles
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
A couple more data points:

I'm scheduled for 11:00PM departure SEA-DTW in Feb. The website lists meal service as "Refreshments" even though it's a 1900 mile flight.

However, my SEA-JFK flight next week with departure at 10:42PM is listed as Snack even though I've been on it before and it was just a snack basket.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
I've only heard of reports that don't follow the old language and not the new language. And individual flights aren't showing anything different.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by anon2k2
A couple more data points:

I'm scheduled for 11:00PM departure SEA-DTW in Feb. The website lists meal service as "Refreshments" even though it's a 1900 mile flight.

However, my SEA-JFK flight next week with departure at 10:42PM is listed as Snack even though I've been on it before and it was just a snack basket.
The 10:42 SEA-JFK was the exact flight I was on last night. Because I saw this thread just before boarding, I had checked my flight details - it said "Refreshments". So, it has at least changed to snack.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
As an aside, does DL have "exception markets" like AA or UA do for competitive markets? Thinking like DEN-LAX, for example, which is an exception market for both.
Yes. ATL-NYC comes to mind. Only ~760 miles depending what airport you're using, but gets full meal service during the 900-mile time windows.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
On a domestic redeye I hope they do a prearrival breakfast service than a dinner service. One way to avoid disturbing passengers that want to sleep is to ask the passengers if they want to eat when doing the PDB order and taking the meal order at that time if there will be a choice.

This is a nice improvement. They have gotten stingy in Delta one on some international redeyes. I flew LIM/ATL recently and it's not a full meal service like on a typical Delta one international flight for dinner. It's a few entrée choices, all the entrees are light like sandwiches and have the same dessert/salad, and it comes out plated at the same with no dessert wine/port available. They used to do a full Delta one meal service on that flight.
Pretty sure if the flight leaves after 12am then there will indeed be a pre-arrival breakfast as the main meal.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Pretty sure if the flight leaves after 12am then there will indeed be a pre-arrival breakfast as the main meal.
Last time I flew the LAX/DTW redeye was in December and it was only the snack basket. I've also flown redeyes in Q3 and Q4 to DTW from LAS, SFO and SEA and they also only had snack baskets. But they departed before midnight.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
So what is the consensus? 1100-1500 mile flights get meals anytime from 6am to 8pm (no longer the mid-afternoon no food gap)?

Rather than meals on red-eyes, I'd much prefer that they consider dinner on the longish 1100-1500 mile flights leaving just after 8pm. 20:05 MSP-LAS (no meal) is one I take regularly, and after connecting in from another city (also with no meal service) it can mean being in F all day with no meal and little/no time to grab anything in airport.

MSP has a few longish westbound flights (3+ hours) that leave between 8pm - 8:30pm with no F meal service.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:58 pm

I have a flight next week LAS-MSP (1296 miles) at midnight and is only showing refreshments for F
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by Renes Points
https://twitter.com/RenesPoints/stat...69447152816128

This is Keep Climbing worthy change. Anyone NOT seeing this in practice?

Originally Posted by SamuelS
So what is the consensus? 1100-1500 mile flights get meals anytime from 6am to 8pm (no longer the mid-afternoon no food gap)?
Any trip reports on any change in practice per the above?

Delta Twitter folks have been quoted saying F meals on flights over 1100 miles are now "round the clock" per recent enhancements. I have a 20:05 MSP-LAS that is 1300 miles and still showing no meal service. I'm guessing Delta Twitter folks are wrong on this one and there'll still be no food in F for this 3.5 hour flight?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott PM, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SamuelS
Any trip reports on any change in practice per the above?

Delta Twitter folks have been quoted saying F meals on flights over 1100 miles are now "round the clock" per recent enhancements. I have a 20:05 MSP-LAS that is 1300 miles and still showing no meal service. I'm guessing Delta Twitter folks are wrong on this one and there'll still be no food in F for this 3.5 hour flight?
Flew a 10:30pm departure last week LAX-MCO in First and the FA came through on the ground with the snack basket and they made a point of saying this is all you get so take what you want. The woman in front of me asked about a meal and she said they have never had a meal or snack on this route due to timing and would not have one that night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.