http://dn.delta.com/skymiles/purchasemqms/landing
Print Wikipost

Delta Buy MQMs for 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite, SpaceX Lunar Elite
Delta Buy MQMs for 2017?

Tried searching first so don't shoot me if this has been answered.

Anyone heard if this promo will be available this year? I have not seen anything yet and the Delta website from last year shows as "unavailable".

I need about 3500 miles. I hate to buy them but am a little lazy and don't want to do a run.

Also, I know AMX has restricted the MQM bonus to once per lifetime. Anyone know if that apples to all cards? Eg. I have already had Reserve cards for both personal and business so I'm out there...but what about Platinum? If I sign up for a Plat can I get the bonus or has my Reserve card participation eliminated me from all future bonuses?

Thanks all.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:35 am

I am currently Gold, but haven't flown much with Delta this year so am about to lose it so mailed them to ask what could be done to avoid losing any rollover due to not having status. They said in reply that there would be a scheme in December but gave no further details. Any idea what 5000 miles cost last year?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The promo went live on December 1 last year. Suggest you give it another few days.

MQM's for sale again

Looks like the price for 5K MQM's for Gold status was about $995 last year. The price varies with status level and the higher levels cost more for the same number of MQM's.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:46 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by domCMH
Also, I know AMX has restricted the MQM bonus to once per lifetime. Anyone know if that apples to all cards? Eg. I have already had Reserve cards for both personal and business so I'm out there...but what about Platinum? If I sign up for a Plat can I get the bonus or has my Reserve card participation eliminated me from all future bonuses?
Once per person per card type, counting personal and biz separately. So you're still eligible for the DL Plat bonuses.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
Once per person per card type, counting personal and biz separately. So you're still eligible for the DL Plat bonuses.
Good info. Thank you!
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Go to San Diego

It would be cheaper for OP to fly out to sunny San Diego for the day.
I know going east to west makes it difficult to find a redeye on the outbound.
Still, San Diego is sunny and about 70 out along the coast.
The airport is right in downtown. Old Town, Gaslamp, and Tijuana are all reachable by trolley from the Santa Fe train station (taxi or municipal bus from the airport).
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta, AMEX Membership Rewards
So if you purchase MQM's does that purchase go towards your MQD qualification too?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PassengerPoldberg
So if you purchase MQM's does that purchase go towards your MQD qualification too?
Yes. I believe you need to be close enough to the next status level for the purchase to put you over, or the promo will not allow you to purchase.

The first few years of the promo, they didn't attempt to do any pre-qualification which lead to this unhappy buyer who didn't fully understand the MQM rollover rules --
http://www.forbes.com/sites/edzitron/2013/02/04/delta/

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 30, 2016 at 9:13 am
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bowgie
It would be cheaper for OP to fly out to sunny San Diego for the day.
I know going east to west makes it difficult to find a redeye on the outbound.
Still, San Diego is sunny and about 70 out along the coast.
The airport is right in downtown. Old Town, Gaslamp, and Tijuana are all reachable by trolley from the Santa Fe train station (taxi or municipal bus from the airport).
Good point! Love SD. Not sure about your Tijuana suggestion though.

I could do an LA run also. I'm in CMH and we have a direct to LAX and a red-eye return. More than likely I'll do a CMH-ATL-LAS run and have a little fun. Try to win some Christmas present money! I have a 1k credit from an unused ticket so there is really no excuse not to go on a run an an F fare and have some fun.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Its live today - what prices are you seeing?

Diamond rolling over Diamond and they said NO to me. You?

This account is not eligible to participate in the Elevate Your Status program. BACK-END ERROR DESCRIPTION: Error Code: 8797Error Description: Eligible DP Pricing rule NOT found.Still hoping to reach Diamond, Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion® Status for 2017? Through February 15th, 2017 you have the opportunity to Elevate Your Status by buying a bundle of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs), Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs — U.S.-based members only) and Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) opens in a new window for one SkyMiles account which will be posted to your 2016 balance and apply towards your 2017 Status.Right on the border between Medallion Tiers? Elevate Your Status with the new minimum purchase of 1,000 MQMs and 3 MQSs. Need more than the minimum? Buy up to a maximum of 10,000 MQMs and 15 MQSs.As a Medallion Member, you'll enjoy the best elite travel experience whenever you fly. From Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades to Priority Boarding, waived baggage fees and more, your loyalty is rewarded with premium benefits every step of the way. Learn more about Medallion benefits. opens in a new windowHow it works:
  • The dollar amount you spend on MQMs and MQSs will then be credited to your 2016 MQDs balance and will apply towards your 2017 Status.
  • Any MQMs purchased that exceed the amount needed to achieve Medallion Status for 2017 will roll over and count towards your 2018 Status.
  • MQMs, MQSs and MQDs will post to your SkyMiles account within 24 hours of purchase.
  • Keep in mind: MQMs, MQSs, and MQDs purchased through this offer are non-refundable.
See Terms and Conditions opens in a new window for complete details. If you have further questions, please visit Frequently Asked Questions opens in a new window.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Interesting that they are also selling MQS this year.

Logged in as a PM with ~115k MQM.

MQM/MQS = $/MQD
1000/3 = 1595
2500/6 = 2195
5000/9 = 2495
7500/12 = 2795
10000/15 = 2995
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I got the same offer as gooselee. I currently have a similar amount of MQM. Those prices are astronomical! You can surely take two 500mi flights for way less than $1600.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I got the same offer as gooselee. I currently have a similar amount of MQM. Those prices are astronomical! You can surely take two 500mi flights for way less than $1600.
So what is the link to view the offer? I'm not able to find it. I agree that the price is crazy, but probably not crazy for somebody who would rather pay money then have to be subjected to more travel.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
https://dn.delta.com/skymiles/purchasemqms/landing
Old Dec 1, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: Delta PM, IHG, HH
GM with ~40 miles to PM. My offer is:

1k for 695
2.5k for 995
5k for 1295
7.5k for 1595
10k for 1895

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.