Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No Medallion upgrades on domestic return legs of int'l?!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Medallion upgrades on domestic return legs of int'l?!?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Mirk
There's always an issue when there's some codeshare involved. The skyclub agent had to spend 15min typing to get me on the list as I was on a non Delta number. On the return, I didn't encountered a competent enough agent to get me on the list though.

Took the same routing, same flights few months later being on a pure DL ticket and flights number and then no issues at all.
Did the agent who got your codeshare flight upgraded just change your itinerary into a DL flight number? Or did you board with an OAL flight number?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by Widgets
Did the agent who got your codeshare flight upgraded just change your itinerary into a DL flight number? Or did you board with an OAL flight number?
Boarding pass issued by that agent still had the AF flight #. Don't have the upgrade slip in front of me, will check.

I was a bit surprised to upgrade, inventory had been at F1 for about 48 hours, when I got to the gate there were 9 people or so below me. "Go figure," but I would have expected a DM or PM on a higher fare class to take that seat.

Equally I'd have preferred to have a way to just pay for two adjacent C+ seats.

Finally, I'd like to take a little exception to the characterization of a DL agent as incompetent, above. This is clearly not a simple matter, and while I was surprised to have an @Delta rep tell me that I could not upgrade on a domestic leg of international, it's up to Delta as an organization to train properly, provide staff with the means to escalate situations to someone capable of getting things done, and enable can-do, will-do attitudes by making it possible to resolve situations.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Very good point ! Suddenly I'm glad to be a maniac who likes to keep his old paper boarding pass.
After going through a lot of papers, I found the 2 boarding pass and indeed, the agent changed the itinerary onto a DL flight number so I could get that nice FC upgrade at the gate.
Funny detail which may be relevant: class shown was changed to RU instead of V on the first BP under KLM's code
Old Dec 4, 2016, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
BP spit out when first checking @ATLF Club still had AF #. Receipt that the very kind agent brought to our table 10 minutes later had changed to DL #, as did the boarding slip spit out when aforementioned BP was scanned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.