Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Select

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 6:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Premium Select

Any guesses as to which routes get Premium Select?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Any guesses as to which routes get Premium Select?
Excuse me, but what is DL premium select? Have I missed some major announcement? It sounds like Premium Economy light.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Excuse me, but what is DL premium select? Have I missed some major announcement? It sounds like Premium Economy light.
It's a new cabin:http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...m-economy.html
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Sorry. I guess I'm getting confused by all of DL's different cabins, cabin classes, and service standards.

However, I'll stick by my assertion that the name sounds like Premium Economy light, just like Priority Pass Select means that you don't have privileges in all of their lounges. Maybe DL should have named basic economy to be Main Cabin Select--it sounds fancier.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
I was confused by the term "Premium Select" too.

After a bit of searching, I realized Delta changed "Delta Premium," as their Premium Economy product was called when announced three weeks ago, to "Delta Premium Select."

http://news.delta.com/delta-premium-select-debut-2017
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:19 am

I don't like the word "Select" used like that at all. Since it will only be on the 350/777 fleet, I'm guessing TPAC, JNB, and wherever the aircraft fly to in Europe.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Widgets
I don't like the word "Select" used like that at all. Since it will only be on the 350/777 fleet, I'm guessing TPAC, JNB, and wherever the aircraft fly to in Europe.
Some TPAC routes are A330 and even 767. Sometimes the aircraft type changes seasonally. This could be very confusing.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Some TPAC routes are A330 and even 767. Sometimes the aircraft type changes seasonally. This could be very confusing.
Wonder what will happen if there's a sub too, both through regular schedule changes and day-of.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Wonder what will happen if there's a sub too, both through regular schedule changes and day-of.
Exactly. My guess is that DL would follow its normal downgrade policy if pushed, but they're likely to bully people to just accept it.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:02 pm

Exactly. My guess is that DL would follow its normal downgrade policy if pushed, but they're likely to bully people to just accept it.
I don't know why gate agents would try to deny downgrade compensation. Not only is it a standard procedure, but it (1) doesn't do any harm to the agent or station and (2) makes the customer happier and easer to deal with. Feels like some agents just live for the confrontation lol.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 5:30 pm

I am guessing they didn't get a trademark granted for "Delta Premium" (maybe the faucet company had it TM'd already) so they changed the name to "Delta Premium Select."
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:06 am

Where does this class rank in the Delta hierarchy? Between D1 and First?

Or between First and Comfort+?
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by Volholic16
Where does this class rank in the Delta hierarchy?
Between D1 and First
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Between D1 and First
Really? By fare class, I thought W ranks under both first and business classes; domestic segments on a W itinerary will book into Y, not F. And domestic F service is also slightly better than what you can expect in premium economy (for now).
Old Nov 25, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Volholic16
Where does this class rank in the Delta hierarchy? Between D1 and First?

Or between First and Comfort+?
Premium Economy (International W, whatever it's called) will not exist on flights with Domestic First (F), so what exactly are you trying to figure out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.