Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Select

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bennos
In other words, I might be willing to spend more than the $1/rt for a typical EU flight to get more space and (somewhat) better service, but not the $5 - $7k required for J.
I never pay more than $3K to fly J to Europe.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
If you want to stick with DL, it is not always possible to find J fares at $3k or under, especially when you purchase tickets not very far in advance.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I think it is basically domestic first class on international flights, not C+. The only significant difference will be a leg rest and nicer amenities. I would expect the food quality to be very similar to domestic first.
I pointed out seat wise close to Domestic F. The meal for most PE is Y entree plus an upgraded dessert or starter.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by pvn
there's no guarantee how long that policy will be in effect
Sure nothing in life is certain, but as of now that is the published policy, not a rumor on the internet.

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Me neither... because when my itinerary doesn't work for a $3K J fare I fly in W.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
The meal for most PE is Y entree plus an upgraded dessert or starter.
While I agree in most cases W is basically the Y meal service, both the AA and DL announcements specifically highlighting enhanced menus lead me to believe their W meal service will more closely reflect VS W, which is a completely different service from Y.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I pointed out seat wise close to Domestic F. The meal for most PE is Y entree plus an upgraded dessert or starter.
As bennos points out, this is not what they have advertised.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Amtrak Member
I agree for most PE based on photos - but Virgin Atlantic (VS) PE which I've actually flown on has a separate service. PDB, printed menus, plates that aren't plastic, metal cutlery, glassware, linens. The only part I found cheap was they still had minis for wine and used plastic cups for water. All drinks were complimentary.

I expect Delta to start out close to this level of service. If they don't make enough money on the cabin after a while I would expect it to drop closer to what we see in Air France, etc.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
While I agree in most cases W is basically the Y meal service, both the AA and DL announcements specifically highlighting enhanced menus lead me to believe their W meal service will more closely reflect VS W, which is a completely different service from Y.
BA serves J meals (might just be J mains, though) in W. Now, BA's J meals are generally terrible, but it is British Airways after all, so you take what you can get.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL DM

Doesn't AF tout the same thing? Their W catering was (AFAICT) the same as Y. Nothing special....barely edible......chicken in goop or pasta
Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Doesn't AF tout the same thing? Their W catering was (AFAICT) the same as Y. Nothing special....barely edible......chicken in goop or pasta
AF claims only a "special" appetizer, AFAIK. FWIW, I don't think AF catering is anything special, even in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.