Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta, Amex, & MQM

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
I haven't messed around with the reserve card (annual fee doesn't make sense to me since i'm comped sky club as a DM) but I have consistently earned 40k MQM annually by using both a personal and business DL amex plat cards. Great head start to earning status each year.

That said i'm getting to a point where I don't really need both - i'll start next year with >200k rollover MQMs.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton, HI
Just called up AMEX to apply for the Reserve card. I was told that the new sign-up bonus of 10K MQM and 10K RDM will not credit until after at least six weeks after the first purchase, not on the day of the purchase. In essence, if I get the card now and purchase as soon as I get approved, the bonus won't credit until Jan 2017. This will be useless to me now as I need the MQM this year.

Anyone have experience with this?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by G0H0KIES
Just called up AMEX to apply for the Reserve card. I was told that the new sign-up bonus of 10K MQM and 10K RDM will not credit until after at least six weeks after the first purchase, not on the day of the purchase. In essence, if I get the card now and purchase as soon as I get approved, the bonus won't credit until Jan 2017. This will be useless to me now as I need the MQM this year.

Anyone have experience with this?
As long as it's earned this year, I believe it counts for this year.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, DL DM, Hertz PC, National EE
My spending on Delta Reserve card will reach $30000 in December, but the statement closing date is in Jan. 2017. Does it mean I will receive 15000 MQMs choices in Jan 2017? Can any one confirm that I can use the MQMs for this year's qualification. Thank you.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 15K will count to 2016 no matter when it is selected.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LBJ
The 15K will count to 2016 no matter when it is selected.
I thought the statement date needed to be in 2016. I know even if it posts in 2017 it's for 2016 MQM. I've helped a few others keep status using AMEX, even though I refuse to do business with them
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by CaptainC
My spending on Delta Reserve card will reach $30000 in December, but the statement closing date is in Jan. 2017. Does it mean I will receive 15000 MQMs choices in Jan 2017? Can any one confirm that I can use the MQMs for this year's qualification. Thank you.
If the Amex spend posts to Amex on or prior to Dec 31 2016, the resulting MQM bonus earned will be applied as 2016 MQMs. Period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.