Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No status yet i get perks

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:17 am
Original Poster

No status yet i get perks

I am inches away from silver (300 MQM or 4 MQS), but I am not scheduled for anything the rest of this year.

I do have the delta amex reserve card.

The last 2 weeks I have been getting sky priority on my checked bags and I just booked a trip for next year and could pick exit row. I thought all these perks were when you hit silver or does the reserve card provide these perks?

If so this means I really don't need to try and get silver this year.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by jdl123
I am inches away from silver (300 MQM or 4 MQS), but I am not scheduled for anything the rest of this year.

I do have the delta amex reserve card.

The last 2 weeks I have been getting sky priority on my checked bags and I just booked a trip for next year and could pick exit row. I thought all these perks were when you hit silver or does the reserve card provide these perks?

If so this means I really don't need to try and get silver this year.
Do you work for a company with a corporate contract with Delta?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kop84
Do you work for a company with a corporate contract with Delta?

Nope. Everything is booked by me direct on delta (I usually avoid using concur)
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by jdl123
Nope. Everything is booked by me direct on delta (I usually avoid using concur)
Then all I got is good fortune. Buy a scratcher at the airport today!
Old Oct 27, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
300 MQM is like crossing the street
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by nikitta28
I mean, if Delta had a scheduled flight that just crossed the street, you would get 500 MQM for it with the minimum
Old Oct 27, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: Delta FO, SW Rapid Rewards
Silver won't get you skypriority, correct? I'm pretty close myself, trip in a couple weeks will put me over the threshold so I'll check if anything new pops up during check-in.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nikitta28
How do you get only 300 MQM? Rollover? One partner flight? Every DL flight should give a minimum of 500 MQMs.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:07 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How do you get only 300 MQM? Rollover? One partner flight? Every DL flight should give a minimum of 500 MQMs.
It wasn't a statement about earning 300 MQMs per se, but since OP is only 300 short, nikitta28 was saying it's easy to pick up [at least] 300 MQMs.

Also you can get get less than 250 MQMs via the Hilton promo

On a recent trip to Peru I flew LIM-CUZ-LIM on LA, which I credited to AA for lack of anything better to do, but since I have no AA status the 500-mile minimum didn't apply. Thus I now have 364 EQMs -- what do people think, should I MR for EXP?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
OP said "no" but sure sounds to me like the benefits that accrue to tickets booked against a corporate program.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mnbp
OP said "no" but sure sounds to me like the benefits that accrue to tickets booked against a corporate program.
This. Plus the fact that OP mentioned Concur.

Could be as simple as OP has his SkyMiles # stored in Concur and his (or her) company sent that data to DL as part of their contract.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:40 am

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
Did the OP book a C+ fare? That would give SP. Otherwise, FO is not eligible for SP.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by lovecabo
Did the OP book a C+ fare? That would give SP. Otherwise, FO is not eligible for SP.
C+ only gives SKY boarding, not sky priority for bags or security.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by mnbp
Corporate travel only gives preferred seating near the front of the plane:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...employees.html

I am a corporate traveler with no status and cannot choose exit row seating for free.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by michael_v
Corporate travel only gives preferred seating near the front of the plane:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...employees.html

I am a corporate traveler with no status and cannot choose exit row seating for free.
That's weird, I didn't know they differentiated in that way.

Exit Rows, AFAIK, are simply managed as "Preferred Seats" - but I wouldn't think that they split out regular Preferred Seats vs. exit row Preferred Seats just for corporate contracts. I'd imagine that the "near the front of the plane" language in the page you linked to is just to help explain what DL means by "Preferred Seats" to corporate pax and travel managers who aren't familiar.

Not doubting you, but are you sure you're not confusing overwing exits (which are generally "Preferred") with something like the rows by the exit doors on a 757, which are usually C+?

Finally, I'd imagine that all these benefits are negotiable as part of the corporate travel agreement the company makes with DL (at least, if the company is big enough to negotiate).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.