Wiki Posts
Search

Free donuts in Seattle!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Free donuts in Seattle!

AMEX cardholders take note ...

Terms & Conditions
*Card Member and a guest may enjoy one complimentary doughnut and 12-ounce coffee beverage each from any Top Pot location in the Seattle area. Limit one (1) per Card Member and guest per day. Offer based on first come, first served while supplies last. Delta and American Express reserve the right to cancel the offer in their sole discretion and without prior customer notice due to any unforeseen circumstance.

This offer is non-transferable and good only for use by Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Members and his/her guest from October 1 through October 31, 2016. Offer valid at any Top Pot location in the Seattle area. Limit one (1) guest per Card Member. Guest must be present with the Card Member at time of redemption. Delta SkyMiles Credit Card must be presented to service representative upon ordering.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
AMEX cardholders take note ...

Terms & Conditions
*Card Member and a guest may enjoy one complimentary doughnut and 12-ounce coffee beverage each from any Top Pot location in the Seattle area. Limit one (1) per Card Member and guest per day. Offer based on first come, first served while supplies last. Delta and American Express reserve the right to cancel the offer in their sole discretion and without prior customer notice due to any unforeseen circumstance.

This offer is non-transferable and good only for use by Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Members and his/her guest from October 1 through October 31, 2016. Offer valid at any Top Pot location in the Seattle area. Limit one (1) guest per Card Member. Guest must be present with the Card Member at time of redemption. Delta SkyMiles Credit Card must be presented to service representative upon ordering.

Nice! Maybe they can serve some of those doughnuts on some random flights.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Do you have a link to where you found this? Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I got the announcement as an email today, doesn't appear to be targeted.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
Smile It's a legitimate offer . . .tried it out this morning

The offer is legit! I met a friend at the Redmond, WA Top Pot early this morning, and indeed I flashed my Amex Delta card, and it got us a free doughnut and free coffee each. Actually, neither of us drinks coffee, so the young woman behind the counter let my friend have tea instead, and I had a glass of milk.

They do not swipe the card or take down our names or anything, so there is nothing to prevent using the offer multiple times per day.

Alas, I am trying to work on my weight this month.

I suppose the question remains as to whether you really need to go with someone. But if you went by yourself, could you not ask the free doughnut and coffee go to the person next in line?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:35 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
OK, so, should we turn this into a meet-up thread?!?

I expect to be at the Top Pot in Seattle at 609 Summit Ave E. next Sunday Oct 9 at 7AM when they open (I hava 9:43am flight to LA).

Old Oct 2, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I can also confirm it's legit - enjoying a coffee and Bavarian cream donut as we speak thanks to this offer. Nice way to defray the annual fee a bit
Old Oct 2, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BenA
I can also confirm it's legit - enjoying a coffee and Bavarian cream donut as we speak thanks to this offer. Nice way to defray the annual fee a bit
Well, if the donuts cost THAT much, I certainly hope the cream is imported from Bavaria!

That said - - I wonder if I can defray even more of my annual fees if I show BOTH of my DL Amexes!
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

They were giving away a free drink a while ago in the DL club for having a DL credit card, but sadly the bartender refused to accept my Samsung Pay card, so I've put the physical card back in my wallet for this month.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davetravels
Well, if the donuts cost THAT much, I certainly hope the cream is imported from Bavaria!

That said - - I wonder if I can defray even more of my annual fees if I show BOTH of my DL Amexes!
It's actually a reasonable deal - the most expensive donuts at Top Pot are pushing $2.50 each, and the coffee is $2. Since the offer is good for two people, it really is about a $10 value each time you redeem it. And there are 30 days in october...

The cynic in me speculates this is all just a fancy ploy to fatten us up and sell more J seats...
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:08 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BenA
The cynic in me speculates this is all just a fancy ploy to fatten us up and sell more J seats...
LOL.

Between this and getting miles every week from 12STATUS, I'm liking being a WA-resident DL FF. Still wish they were doing the 2xMQM promo again though; would have been really nice on those SEA-AMS and CDG-SEA legs early this year....
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
A friend of mine mentioned that your coffee could be an espresso-based beverage if you would like. Thats a very generous offer. Happy DL is treating it's SEA-based travelers so well.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Tried it today for the first time in Ballard. Clerk said he sees 20 - 30 cards per day! I don't think it's limited to their cheapest range of donuts, but decided not to push it over a maple bacon bar ... this time.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
OK, so, should we turn this into a meet-up thread?!?

I expect to be at the Top Pot in Seattle at 609 Summit Ave E. next Sunday Oct 9 at 7AM when they open (I hava 9:43am flight to LA).

Just refreshing my post, that I'll definitely be at the the above Top Pot tomorrow morning when they open at 7am. If anyone expects to be nearby, please PM me, but I hafto to leave by 7:15, since I'm on the 9:43 LAX flight.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:26 am

Mmmmmmm! Deeeeeelish!

What a selection!

You can see the Delta placard on the counter describing the offer with my chocolate "old fashioned" donut. Served by friendly and smiling Garrett!

THANX, Delta, and American Express!
Attached Images    

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.