Wiki Posts
Search

BHM-ATL today

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
BHM-ATL today

I have made this flight countless times, so I guess it is fitting that BHM-ATL today rolled me over to 7MM...quietly no fanfare, which is how I travel.

I had promised to let you all know about the "unique experience" but with devaluations it probably no longer exists . Will update if anything happens.

This is it for the milestones. Will forever be old and tired...just hopefully not so busy.

Delta pretty much got me where I needed to be and generally with above average customer service, although with a bit of a downslide this year. I saw some really great days of awesome CS.

The BHM team is amazing! My"" profound statement for this milestone is to give out kudos to them. I remember some of them from their first day. One started out in the Crown Room (yes there was one in BHM) and is now the baggage supervisor.

Happy flights folks. No I never made a mileage run, and I didn't even have a Delta CC until this year. Started flying Delta in 1991 when EA went away and just realized this took right at 25 years, with the last MM being the hardest.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Congratulations!

Agree it is sad to see where Delta CS is now vs the good old days.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Congratulations! That is quite the accomplishment. Your friends on FT certainly will recognize the enormity of this achievement! Happy Travels!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Congratulations!

In my case, I must keep working to travel because retirement would not support international D1 fares. So I take it that constant flying is out of your system and you have enough SMs to take international D1 to vacation spots from now on until you lose interest unless "old" means you are 45!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by oldtirednbusy
One started out in the Crown Room (yes there was one in BHM) and is now the baggage supervisor.
This fired up my interest, so I did some searching.

The BHM CRC closed shortly after 9/11, and even after that (along with the other closures) there were still 44 clubs. I don't know the current number, but I am sure it is less than 44.

The BHM CRC even had the TH seal of approval:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16760248-post7.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...m-skyclub.html

OTNB - congrats!

David
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
It's absolutely laughable that 7MM doesn't get you lifetime DM status, especially since UA gives out GS at 4MM...

I noticed that they cut out the "one-time experience."

Congratulations though!
indufan likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by WWads
It's absolutely laughable that 7MM doesn't get you lifetime DM status, especially since UA gives out GS at 4MM...
It's laughable that 5MM doesn't get you lifetime DM status.
indufan likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Congratulation on this huge achievement. Thank you for keeping us informed
Old Sep 28, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Impressive!

Shoot, I've been DM for the last 6-7 years (since it started) and I haven't even made 1MM. Too many short flights I reckon.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Congrats on the milestone.

Anyone else find it a bit humorous the Sky Clubs were once called Crown Rooms and one could actually get Crown Royal for free (I know the name is not affiliated)? Now it's a premium liquor.
Had my first Crown and Diet Coke in the DFW Crown Room.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WWads

I noticed that they cut out the "one-time experience."

Congratulations though!
Must be plethora of almost 7mm to cut the benefit.

With what I have seen CS, outside of BHM sink to this year makes it a good time to hang up my wings. Really in most businesses CS is non existent. The CS is what kept my loyalty for so long.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta PM
That's a heck of a lot of time in the air! Congrats!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Well first huge congrats! I wonder how many other 7MM/8MM/9MMs are out there? I just calculated that to reach 7MM in 25 years, requires flying an average of 5,385 miles per week, or 280,000 miles per year, consistently for all that time! Truly amazing! Approximately one round-trip from coast-to-coast per week, for 25 years, would almost do it!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Congratulations. This is the equivalent of Double Diamond plus for more than a quarter century, except you started flying DL long before there was a DM tier.

You must have enough rollover to guarantee DM for a number of years, assuming that MQDs or the waiver aren't a problem.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:42 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Congratulations on the milestone, which is a hell of a lot of flying by any measure.

Please let us know where to send the rubber ring and case of Preparation H!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.