Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in LHR with Delta

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta diamond, Hilton Diamond
Hotels in LHR with Delta

Greetings, I will be flying into LHR on Qatar airlines and flying out 12 hours later on Delta to SEA. Any hotels(preferably Hilton) that are walking distance or have a shuttle to T3 in LHR. I assume the Delta flight will leave from T3? Thanks
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by tbeard
Greetings, I will be flying into LHR on Qatar airlines and flying out 12 hours later on Delta to SEA. Any hotels(preferably Hilton) that are walking distance or have a shuttle to T3 in LHR. I assume the Delta flight will leave from T3? Thanks
There's a Hilton connected to T4. Your best bet is probably the Yotel (T4) or No. 1 Traveller's Lounge (in the departure lounge past security in T3) which have private cabins reservable for hour increments.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Most LHR hotels have Hoppa shuttle buses to the terminals for an additional fee. Many are also served by public buses to the terminals and some are within the free zone for these public buses.

Do you want a real hotel room or a transit hotel, and can you get to the airside facilities if your flight departs the next day? The Yotel or a sleeping room in a lounge would be awfully small and rather depressing IMO.

Have you looked for LHR hotels on the Hilton website? There might also be a list with links to their threads on the Hilton forum here on FT.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 12:02 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I did an overnight in LHR last year with about 14 hours. I took the Heathrow Express to Paddington and stayed at the Hilton attached to the station. Had a few hours in the morning to walk around and stretch legs - really enjoyed it.

IME, the Heathrow Express takes about as much time as the Hoppa shuttles.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:14 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Most LHR hotels have Hoppa shuttle buses to the terminals for an additional fee.
IIRC, it £4,5 or you can buy roundtrip for £8. Though, you can also taxi-Uber in the £12-15 range.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
If you are overnighting at LHR, I think ruckzac nails it with the Hilton at T4 due your Hilton preference. It is directly next door to T4 and there is an indoor walkway connector. When you check out, you can walk back to T4 and take the Heathrow Express one stop to Heathrow Central/T3 for free.

There are also a plethora of hotels on the North Perimeter Road closer to T3. I have stayed at the Renaissance there several times (though not recently). I took the Hoppa bus to the hotel, but when checking out I took the public bus from in front of the hotel to Heathrow Central. Since it was so close (one stop I think) there was no charge for the public bus. The front desk at the Renaissance had little slips of paper available listing the various route numbers you could board to go to Heathrow Central. (Note: it's been a few years since I've done this so I am assuming nothing has changed)
Old Sep 25, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
The Yotel is just a cubby to lay down in and a very small shower. It's not a "real" hotel room. Perfect for a quick shower and nap, but not really suitable for a long stay.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nikitta28
The Yotel is just a cubby to lay down in and a very small shower. It's not a "real" hotel room. Perfect for a quick shower and nap, but not really suitable for a long stay.
The bigger room is fine for a few hours. The smaller cabin is really IMO the one only good for 2 or maybe 3 hours. If the stay is overnight though, then just book the regular hotel.

Note No 1 Travelers lounge rooms are decent size. They're not small cabins with a pod to sleep in.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by ty97
If you are overnighting at LHR, I think ruckzac nails it with the Hilton at T4 due your Hilton preference. It is directly next door to T4 and there is an indoor walkway connector. When you check out, you can walk back to T4 and take the Heathrow Express one stop to Heathrow Central/T3 for free.

The Hilton is a good hotel, with a reasonable elite lounge on the ground floor.

The covered walkway is a bit of a hike, but there are often airport baggage carts available outside the lobby entrance for the return trip.

Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by ruckzac
There's a Hilton connected to T4. Your best bet is probably the Yotel (T4) or No. 1 Traveller's Lounge (in the departure lounge past security in T3) which have private cabins reservable for hour increments.
just to clarify. i have a super early flight out of T4 and this particular hilton is 'INSIDE" T4?

how about any IHG hotels?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by frankflieslots
just to clarify. i have a super early flight out of T4 and this particular hilton is 'INSIDE" T4?

The Hilton is not inside T4, but is adjacent. The walkway makes it a maybe 10-15 minute walk? (It's been a long time since I've been there). I am not aware of any other hotels next to T4. There are numerous IHG properties adjacent to LHR property, but none walking distance from T4.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist

The Hilton is connected directly to T4 by an enclosed covered overhead walkway crossing the roadway in front of T4.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:59 pm

It's not 'inside' T4 insofar as it is outside security and is a separate structure, but it is connected to T4 by a covered walkway.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 8:57 pm

thanks everyone! figured closer the better since my flight leaves at 6:30AM. just don't want to deal with taking a shuttle from an offside property vs something that's on the premises.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.