Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 Million-Miler Recognized on Flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
So I am just about half way to million mile benchmark. I have been flying for about a year and half. I fly domestic, short hauls mainly. I have a couple international a year, but not a lot. How long has it taken you million milers to get to the first step and what type of flying got you there?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
I hit 1 million miles riding my Amex card. I hope the same thing doesn't happen at 2 mil.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
So for the MM qualification is that ONLY on paid flights? (i.e. do they at least add to your MM balance when you fly on award flights etc.)
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
The first time I hit DM was on a red-eye back to ATL and I was just barely missing the F upgrade. I quietly told the GA that I would become DM on the flight, but she wouldn't fudge the list for me.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
I remember years ago when DL used to fly the 767-300ER from JFK-SLC I was waiting for the bathroom up front and noticed the passenger manifest at the front of the cabin. I was glancing over it and noticed out of the 36 business elite seats up front, five passengers were 5MM, three were 2MM and there were a few MM... I was shocked to see that many 5MM on the plane. Granted my MM came almost exclusively from domestic travel, but even with international travel that is a hell of a lot of time on a plane.

On a separate note, I think DL employees love to do something special if someone tips them off... I casually mentioned to a friend who works for Delta that my partner would be turning 30 while in the air on an upcoming flight from SLC-CDG. Once we were on board, the purser made an announcement about "one of our most valued passengers in the Delta One cabin was celebrating his 30th", brought back a card signed by the pilots and crew, a goofy 30th birthday necklace and took pictures with us. The whole plane clapped. It was a really nice touch and unexpected.
I wonder whether they could have been participants from some particularly high travel convention happening then, although I can't think offhand of some particular meeting that's likely to be so MM intensive.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by vincentharris
So for the MM qualification is that ONLY on paid flights? (i.e. do they at least add to your MM balance when you fly on award flights etc.)
IIRC there were some historical differences with PMNW and PMDL doing it differently, but now (new) MM miles are the same as (new) MQMs. No credit for award tickets.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:29 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC there were some historical differences with PMNW and PMDL doing it differently, but now (new) MM miles are the same as (new) MQMs. No credit for award tickets.
Amex MQMs also add to MM MQM totals. I kicked myself for not realizing this sooner. Now, I have 2 of 'em - - mostly, because I want to accelerate my 2MM.

The first year that DM was offered, I opted to stay PM with a large rollover. The second year, I went for DM. I had mentioned to a RedCoat I'm chummy with here at PIT that I'd hit DM on my return flight.

When I cam back a few days later, he asked me how I felt about the announcement?!? Huh?!? He told me that he told the GA meeting my flight to announce it on the PA when she opened t he door that I had hit DM - - - AND SHE didn't!!! Oh, well.

Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by davetravels
Amex MQMs also add to MM MQM totals. I kicked myself for not realizing this sooner. Now, I have 2 of 'em - - mostly, because I want to accelerate my 2MM.

The first year that DM was offered, I opted to stay PM with a large rollover. The second year, I went for DM. I had mentioned to a RedCoat I'm chummy with here at PIT that I'd hit DM on my return flight.

When I cam back a few days later, he asked me how I felt about the announcement?!? Huh?!? He told me that he told the GA meeting my flight to announce it on the PA when she opened t he door that I had hit DM - - - AND SHE didn't!!! Oh, well.

I hope you reported this GA to customer relations and asked for 20000 bonus miles.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM
So here's a random question from a not even quarter million miler: Is there any way to see total miles? Just thinking about things like award tickets which don't help the balance but obviously you're still flying miles. My goal is to always use miles on those long hauls which would normally be some good additions to my MM balance. Are they tracked anywhere?

Any MM (or multi MM) think they might have an additional milly in award tickets?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL-DM/ 2MM
Hit my 2MM yesterday AUS-LAX...nothing, not even the "we appreciate your loyalty" line. 10 years for 1MM, 9 more years for 2MM, hope never to make it to 3MM.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jallred6
... and, no doubt, some Preparation H.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
I was recently thanked 1;1 on a flight for the first time for being a Million miler. We shall see what changes when I get to 2MM in a year or two.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP,LFP~3 MM; MarriottRewards, LFP; Avis 1st; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Interesting. Mrs. TrojanTraveler will hit 2MM with a flight this Thursday. Will be interesting to see if this is a new procedure or just a one-off.
I think I hit 2MM on a flight and -- nothing.

I am close to 3MM but probably won't close the deal as I am not flying much these days.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I was flying SEA-ATL the other day, and in the SkyClub, the agents all came to this guy and gave him a bag of goodies for his 2MM status and made a huge effort (honestly, it was really sincere and very nice to see) to show their appreciation.

It turned out, he was sitting next to me up front on the flight, and the captain and FA both came to congratulate him.

I hit 2MM two weeks ago. Nothing. I don't think his was requested by anyone because he was genuinely surprised and seemed almost confused for the appreciation. He didn't even seem to care, haha. I wonder if all of these people getting attention are 360 members.

Two weeks since hitting 2MM, still no offer of how to redeem my 2MM gift. Not trying to be self-righteous, but just curious how the process works.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In the Delta Frequent Flyer Program, all miles counted towards MM status. Of course, you also earned 1,000 miles per segment and you earned bonuses based on the cabin you were seated in, not the fare you purchased. A Concorde ticket was 160,000 miles JFK-CDG round-trip.

The Delta Frequent Flyer program was a very nice program

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.