Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is MQDs added to my account after finishing my purchase or after flying

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles

Hi,
I have already collected enough MQMs for the next medallion. However, I still need MQDs. I'm planning on taking a trip that'll give me enough to go to the next level. However, my trip is between December 2016 and January 2017, and In need the MQDs for my 2016 collection. So will the MQDs be applied after I purchase my ticket or after I successfully fly?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:38 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Whatever flights you actually fly that are scheduled to DEPART by Dec 31 11:59PM will credit to 2016 AFTER you fly. Anything later - 2017.

Sorry to tell'ya.

Here'za kinda-sorta similar question, but, with a slightly different twist posted a coupl'a days ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-2017-mqm.html

Last edited by davetravels; Aug 29, 2016 at 10:43 pm
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
After you fly, on a segment by segment basis. However, if you have a direct flight, then you will get the MQDs (as well as MQMs, RDMs, and one MQS) after flying both of the segments with the same flight number, to be credited based on the scheduled departure time of the first segment of those with the same flight number.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

I'm sorry clarification: My outbound flight is in December, my return flight is in January. Will that mean I'll only get half the ticket price for my 2016 MQDs?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:52 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Monachorum
I'm sorry clarification: My outbound flight is in December, my return flight is in January. Will that mean I'll only get half the ticket price for my 2016 MQDs?
You'll only get MQDs for 2016 that correspond to the fares for the segments flown in 2016. It might not be half of the total as many round trip tickets involve different fares for out and back.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You'll only get MQDs for 2016 that correspond to the fares for the segments flown in 2016. It might not be half of the total as many round trip tickets involve different fares for out and back.
Makes sense. Thanks ^
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:07 am

Remember too that MQDs are the base fare plus carrier imposed fees, but NOT including government fees and taxes, so the entire ticket price doesn't turn into MQDs. The actual number for the entire ticket should be visible during the booking process on delta.dumb if you're logged in. Afterward you can experiment with dummy bookings to try to see this.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:01 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
You can get the information from your receipt which shows a full breakdown of your fare. You can easily view receipts in My Trips and My Wallet
The Base Fare equals MQD for Domestic flights. You have to do a little math for International flights.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
After you fly, on a segment by segment basis. However, if you have a direct flight, then you will get the MQDs (as well as MQMs, RDMs, and one MQS) after flying both of the segments with the same flight number, to be credited based on the scheduled departure time of the first segment of those with the same flight number.
Just wanted to thank you for using the term "direct flight" correctly, which is extremely rare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.