Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C+ NO Soup For You

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Did the FA actually slap you or are you just saying that?

Personally (and I'm guessing I'll be jumped on for saying this) I think that taking 3 [unhealthy, sodium & sugar filled] items is a bit excessive, particularly when you were also probably given peanuts/cookies/pretzels during drink service. It is not intended to be a meal, but a little something extra. It's also about sharing with others. It is not realistic or necessary for Delta to cater so that there is an unlimited supply of these vending machine type snacks. If you are hungry, bring or buy a meal on board.
Indeed. Think of the executive compensation and shareholder value that could be eroded if DL was as generous as B6 with their snacks. This is a business, not a charity.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Originally Posted by SSF556
That was fast....

I am under the impression that when you present a basket to a customer you do not yell at them are push them away from taking what they want. I was going to take 3 items from the basket. And for anyone who has flown Delta they know that there are about 6 chocolate covered blueberries per packet.

In the future they need to either get rid if the basket or have enough stash for everyone....
It's very impolite to get 3 items when a basket full of items is offered to you. Take one, and two is already really stretching it to be honest. If I wanted to take two, I would politely ask rather than just grab whatever the heck I want without any consideration for the other passengers.

I am very glad that a flight attendant decided to put rude people into place. The fact that you get something for free on the flight doesn't mean you can just take unlimited amounts of whatever you want.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
If you are hungry, bring or buy a meal on board.
Was this necessary? These are the kinds of snarky comments I find so distasteful on flyertalk!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:24 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bakpapier
It's very impolite to get 3 items when a basket full of items is offered to you. Take one, and two is already really stretching it to be honest. If I wanted to take two, I would politely ask rather than just grab whatever the heck I want without any consideration for the other passengers.

I am very glad that a flight attendant decided to put rude people into place. The fact that you get something for free on the flight doesn't mean you can just take unlimited amounts of whatever you want.
The issue is, that, many non-Medallions are enticed into paying more money for these seats, and, likely expect the amenities that are advertised, and feel that they paid for it, as opposed to being freebies.

I DO AGREE that there is polite way to do it, though.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by yogimax
Was this necessary? These are the kinds of snarky comments I find so distasteful on flyertalk!
My grandmother has always said... if you can't say something nice about someone...join flyertalk. (I think I stole that phrase from someone else)
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc

Is there a posted rule by DL that states passengers are only supposed to receie X items? Is 2 items too much by your definition, by society in general, or DL? Maybe some people think 3 is the max, some might think just 1. Without a SPECIFIC rule that DL states you may only receive X per flight then the OP is correct in thinking enjoy as much as you like.

In F some flights I have had a FA bring the basket around 3 or 4 times, plus leave it out in between for people to take items as they like.

On Int'l flights most FA's leave baskets in the galley for this purpose in all classes of service.

I dont think its unreasonable to think DL would cater MORE then they need, and have extras for the next flight. I think the old rule it is better to have too much, and have left overs then not enough and people upset.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:32 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Personally (and I'm guessing I'll be jumped on for saying this) I think that taking 3 [unhealthy, sodium & sugar filled] items is a bit excessive, particularly when you were also probably given peanuts/cookies/pretzels during drink service.
You forgot to advise the OP that, it's likely that if this is how he / she eats on a plane, that, his / her general eating habits will likely turn him / her into a diabetic before too long!

Sorry, I just had to jump all over you!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:33 am
Formerly known as scootr29
Original Poster

Your definition of rude....hmmmmm
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
They advertise premium snacks. They should either cater enough or have a per person limit. Given the extra they charge for those seats, one would think they would just cater it better. But DL has had running catering problems for years (my favorite still has to be running out of snacks, in J, a few hours into a long DXB-ATL flight). Learned that lesson and I now bring a few snacks with me on very long flights.
I agree--there is nothing that says C+ offers only 1 or 2 or 3, etc. snack offerings, If some are correct that C+ is for revenue AND to appease those who don't clear an upgrade to First (2 more inches and a free drink is not an "upgrade" to me) I would think there is flexibility in the number of options one can choose. Half the basket is one thing but a few SMALL snacks isn't much to me!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
2-3 items from the snack basket is far from excessive. Sounds like DL needs to step up the catering for their so-called premium product.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta FO, SW Rapid Rewards
I always grab one item when presented with the snack basket. Almost 100% of the time the FA insists that I take another (or two more).
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta GM, AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by yogimax
Yeah seriously!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: Delta GM, AMEX Reserve

Are you serious? For Free? Its not free - you paid for a class of service (no matter how you got there), and to say that you are being greedy for taking more than one micro snack pack?

As for the health choices of the OP - that's none of our business.

Some of you really need to tone it down.

OP - if you were literally slapped by a flight attendant than I would lodge a formal complaint.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta, United
IMHO, in general taking two items is reasonable given there are others on board (if bischoffs or peanuts/pretzls take as many as you want). And if for some reason I was not able to get something to eat before the flight and wanted some more I might ask to the FA to stop by again once everyone was offered something from the basket. As for being admonished or my hand slapped I would not be happy and file a complaint.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
It's very impolite to get 3 items when a basket full of items is offered to you. Take one, and two is already really stretching it to be honest.
Says who?

Many of the snacks in the basket are significantly smaller than one would typically find in a vending machine. Given the premium that Delta charges for Comfort+, the expectation of more than one 20-cent, 0.5-ounce bag of chips is not unreasonable.

Again, if Delta intends to limit Comfort+ passengers to one snack each, flight attendants should distribute them individually rather than present a basketful. To many people, the basket implies choice. Indeed, flight attendants don't present a basket of Luvo wraps on the JFK-LAX/SFO flights partly because Delta doesn't want passengers taking more than one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.