Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Where are my miles - waited 1 week days so far

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I had an award booking with virgin atlantic booked on delta.com. Last Tuesday I got a call from Delta saying the flight had been cancelled - what did I want to do? ( I was very impressed with this phone call) I said just cancel the flight and I will rebook.

However it is now a week and the miles still haven't been put back into my account. I called delta on Sunday and they said I have to be patient and wait up to 2 weeks because it is a manual redeposit! I want to use the miles to book another flight now tho!

Any ideas - should it really take 2 weeks?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by EWRMAN
Hi,

I had an award booking with virgin atlantic booked on delta.com. Last Tuesday I got a call from Delta saying the flight had been cancelled - what did I want to do? ( I was very impressed with this phone call) I said just cancel the flight and I will rebook.

However it is now a week and the miles still haven't been put back into my account. I called delta on Sunday and they said I have to be patient and wait up to 2 weeks because it is a manual redeposit! I want to use the miles to book another flight now tho!

Any ideas - should it really take 2 weeks?
If you knew which flights you wanted to rebook to, couldn't you have done so when they called?

I would call DL, explain the situation and see if they can assist in booking your new flights.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rwoman
If you knew which flights you wanted to rebook to, couldn't you have done so when they called?

I would call DL, explain the situation and see if they can assist in booking your new flights.
I was in a bar - couldn't think.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Did you ask to cancel the reservation, or did you ask to redeposit the miles? There's a fee for the latter unless the miles came from the account of a SkyMiles Plat or Diamond.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Did you ask to cancel the reservation, or did you ask to redeposit the miles? There's a fee for the latter unless the miles came from the account of a SkyMiles Plat or Diamond.
Not in this situation. The flight was cancelled, so OP should be entitled to a full refund of miles without any fees.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:43 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I would think the prudent thing to do would have been to, ask them to rebook new flights at the same mileage rate, since a flight was canceled - perhaps needing a supv override . . . but, since . . . .

Originally Posted by EWRMAN
I was in a bar - couldn't think.
I guess it didn't occur to you.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
There's no fee when the flight is cancelled.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Call them up and some one can get it done while over the phone. I don't understand why they don't put them back right away, they have the ability. Frequently they ask me "Are you planning on booking a ticket with these miles?" I always answer yes, if you answer no then it gets done as part of the normal refund process, which can take 7-14 days. If you answer yes though, they put the miles back while you're on the phone. Thus why I don't understand why they don't just put them back right away all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.