Wiki Posts
Search

VA codeshare 'E' fare crediting to SM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
VA codeshare 'E' fare crediting to SM

Has anyone flown a Virgin Australia codeshare on DL metal that was ticketed as an 'E' fare, then credited to Skymiles?

This should earn miles just fine as a VA fare, but the Delta 'E' fares don't earn anything. Just wondering if I should expect any problems crediting to Skymiles. I can imagine a lot of confusion if I had to speak to a DL agent about this.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...australia.html
Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not really applicable to your situation, but DL 'E' fares earn miles. What makes you think they don't? They'd be based on price (just as with any other DL marketed flight), but you still earn miles and 100% MQM's.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by LBJ
Not really applicable to your situation, but DL 'E' fares earn miles. What makes you think they don't? They'd be based on price (just as with any other DL marketed flight), but you still earn miles and 100% MQM's.
I thought these E fares were 'basic economy' fares that did not earn miles... I guess I was mistaken. Thanks.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
I thought these E fares were 'basic economy' fares that did not earn miles... I guess I was mistaken. Thanks.
You don't get any other SM benefits, but they at least for now still count for mileage (the little that you'll earn for such a cheap fare though makes it close to nothing).
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
You don't get any other SM benefits, but they at least for now still count for mileage (the little that you'll earn for such a cheap fare though makes it close to nothing).
OP still gets SKY boarding and check-in. The only restrictions are no voluntary changes/refunds, no seat selection until check-in, and no upgrades or preferred seats.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Originally Posted by Widgets
OP still gets SKY boarding and check-in. The only restrictions are no voluntary changes/refunds, no seat selection until check-in, and no upgrades or preferred seats.
I believe this only applies to DL "E" fares not other carriers' published E fares. @:-)@:-)
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Has anyone flown a Virgin Australia codeshare on DL metal that was ticketed as an 'E' fare, then credited to Skymiles?

This should earn miles just fine as a VA fare, but the Delta 'E' fares don't earn anything. Just wondering if I should expect any problems crediting to Skymiles. I can imagine a lot of confusion if I had to speak to a DL agent about this.
No one else has actually answered your question explicitly. DL E fares have nothing to do with your earning when on a VA E fares. If you're on a VA-marketed flight, it's the VA earning chart (provided by flyerCO) that matters, not the DL earning chart. Operator doesn't matter (as long as the marketing/operating carrier pair is valid for mileage accrual, which VA marketed/DL operated is).

VA E fares earn 50% RDMs (plus status bonus), 100% MQMs, and 10% of mileage flown MQDs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.