Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMS - PDX Flight Time Today Extraordinary Long - Why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite

I am flying PDX - AMS in early August and need to make a tight connection so I am been watching the AMS - PDX and PDX - AMS departure times.

For some reason today the AMS - PDX flight (per Flightaware) took 12:20 versus 9:38 yesterday and the outbound is subsequently delayed by over 2 hours.

Anyone out there that might have an idea as to whether this is an anomaly or as to what may of happened?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I think FlightAware is a bit off. The amount of time between the departure and arrival times for today's flight is 10 hours 9 minutes.

Not sure why it was delayed. The CDG-CVG nonstop was also late today.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
It looks like it returned to the gate and Flight Aware must not have detected that.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:07 am

FlightAware

Originally Posted by CAVU
I am flying PDX - AMS in early August and need to make a tight connection so I am been watching the AMS - PDX and PDX - AMS departure times.

For some reason today the AMS - PDX flight (per Flightaware) took 12:20 versus 9:38 yesterday and the outbound is subsequently delayed by over 2 hours.

Anyone out there that might have an idea as to whether this is an anomaly or as to what may of happened?
My experience is that FlightAware can be often inaccurate.

Someone once asked Nelson Mandela why he was not more angry. His answer was, If I thought it would be useful, I would be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.