Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2 free drinks w/Delta Amex in the clubs is back for Dec. 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 free drinks w/Delta Amex in the clubs is back for Dec. 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I flew DL yeasterday evening and visited a SC, could have made it two SCs. When they last did this, again the timing didn't work for me as my flights involved SCs without bartender service.

ADDED: DL sent me the email on this about an hour and a half ago. Did it really start this morning, perhaps at 5 am ATL time when the first SC opened on Monday morning?
Perhaps DL was thinking that the 'it's five o'clock somewhere' mantra doesn't apply to SC members... One would think they know better by now
Old May 1, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Got it too. Yay for me, I have a double connect on Thursday and a total of 9 flights during promo period
Old May 1, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
they should do this more. When your making 7 billion dollars a year, this should be done like every Saturday or something like that.
This cycle works quite nicely for me. I have a same-day turn to Boston next week, and have been meaning to check out the main terminal SkyClub. Will be nice to do it and pick up a couple glasses of bubbly.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Excellent!

I have a roundtrip with multiple legs within the promotion period. Too bad I'll be travelling alone; even worse that one of my layovers will be spent in the T4 Clubhouse, where drinks are always free...
Old May 1, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Finally I can (hopefully) take advantage of one of these. Didn't get the email but am going to LHR this weekend so I'll pop into the RDU / ATL SCs if they'll take.

If not, they allegedly have Charles Heidsieck Brut on offer in D1 to LHR right now so that's a solid consolation prize.
Old May 1, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
This cycle works quite nicely for me. I have a same-day turn to Boston next week, and have been meaning to check out the main terminal SkyClub. Will be nice to do it and pick up a couple glasses of bubbly.
If you're willing to make the trek, you might even be able to swing four glasses of bubbly...
Old May 1, 2017, 9:43 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Is the Club renovation in MSP completed so we can take advantage of this there?
Old May 1, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Beckles
Is the Club renovation in MSP completed so we can take advantage of this there?
It was finished months ago
Old May 2, 2017, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I guess DL knows I don't have any flights in the promo period. No email for me.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond/2.2MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
This promo is back:

CHEERS TO FREE PREMIUM DRINKS ON THE HOUSE.

Raise your glass as we toast to your travels with #DeltaAmexPerks. From May 1-14, show your Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card at THE BAR at Delta Sky Club® for up to two free Premium beverages. Enjoy each time you visit the Club, as a thanks for your continued loyalty.

of course, I have no flights during this time period
I did not receive the email but have Delta Platinum AMEX - do you know if you had to receive the email to participate?
Old May 2, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by enconline
I did not receive the email but have Delta Platinum AMEX - do you know if you had to receive the email to participate?
I have a Delta Gold AMEX but never got an email. I was at the EWR Sky Club last night and they had signs saying that AMEX credit cards will give 2 free premium drinks.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
Originally Posted by enconline
Highly doubtful. All you need to do is show your Delta Amex, not your email! I got the email, but as a PP mentioned, it may be because I have flights already booked during the promo period.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
While I certainly enjoy these, I don't understand why they keep doing it like this periodically and randomly. Why not just make it a benefit of the card?
Old May 2, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
DL Reserve card holders should always get a free premium drink IMO. These random free drink promos are nice, but as others have said, with record profits...
Old May 2, 2017, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by WWads
DL Reserve card holders should always get a free premium drink IMO. These random free drink promos are nice, but as others have said, with record profits...
Or even just $X credit per month valid only at SkyClubs. Could be used for guest fee, premium drinks....not sure what else you could buy but you get the point.

Can the unbranded Amex Plat airline credit be used for SC bar purchases? I'd check the Amex thread but that entire thing is just people asking the same three questions about how to game the credit for gift cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.