Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska MVP benefits on Delta Award

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Alaska MVP benefits on Delta Award

Anyone been able to get their Alaska MVP benefits on a Delta award flight booked with Delta Skymiles?

My situation is that I have no status on Delta and MVP Gold on Alaska. I've got some Skymiles I'm trying to use, so I booked an award flight on the Delta site using my Delta skymiles.

At the time of booking the Delta site wouldn't let me swap out my Delta Skymiles number for my AS FF#. Since I don't have status on Delta, the site wouldn't let me book a "preferred" seat.

I called Delta to see if they could help get my AS FF# attached to the reservation and they say they can't.

Anyone been in this situation before? Anything I can try?

Last edited by beckoa; Apr 28, 2016 at 5:03 pm Reason: Adjusted Airline Name
Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Since this is a question about flying DL with DL miles, we'll move this to the DL forum for now as they have more experience with changing the FF# (if possible).

~beckoa co-moderator Information Desk/AS MP
Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
if I had to guess, the fact that you booked an award ticket using your SM number inhibits putting another airline's FF number in the record
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I have done it before. It can be done. Try at the airport when checking in.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Since this is a question about flying DL with DL miles, we'll move this to the DL forum for now as they have more experience with changing the FF# (if possible).

~beckoa co-moderator Information Desk/AS MP
Any chance we can leave it in the Alaska forum? I can't imagine anyone with Delta status would have tried this, whereas someone with Alaska status may have.
Old May 1, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: AA PLAT, AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Same

I'm in the same exact situation. Go to your PROFILE on the Delta site and you can input your MVPG number. Once I did that, the delta preferred seats immediately opened up for both me and my companion (no status).

Funny thing -- once I did that my status on Delta shows up as Gold / Elite Plus under Passenger Information while viewing my reservation. Wonder if that automatically status matched me...?

** EDIT **

Re-read original post. You can reserve preferred seats after you book. Check expertflyer for availability before booking.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by terminal_v
I'm in the same exact situation. Go to your PROFILE on the Delta site and you can input your MVPG number. Once I did that, the delta preferred seats immediately opened up for both me and my companion (no status).

Funny thing -- once I did that my status on Delta shows up as Gold / Elite Plus under Passenger Information while viewing my reservation. Wonder if that automatically status matched me...?

** EDIT **

Re-read original post. You can reserve preferred seats after you book. Check expertflyer for availability before booking.
Did this work for you on an award ticket? Added my MVPG number to my profile and it's still trying to charge me for preferred seating.
Old May 1, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
If all else fails, you can use your DL miles for AS metal flights.

I've had success adding my MVP Gold 75K number to 006 ticketed, AS operated flights purchased with Delta miles by calling the MVP line. That then opened up all the usual AS preferred seating options (although not first class upgrades, of course).
Old May 1, 2016, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BenA
If all else fails, you can use your DL miles for AS metal flights.

I've had success adding my MVP Gold 75K number to 006 ticketed, AS operated flights purchased with Delta miles by calling the MVP line. That then opened up all the usual AS preferred seating options (although not first class upgrades, of course).
Unfortunately AS doesn't serve the route I need to fly

Was able to add my AS MVP number to the reservation using the mobile app and it let me move to a preferred seat no problem.

Crisis averted.
Old May 1, 2016, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Deleted response after seeing last post. Great that it worked out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.