Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Cost of Delta Private Charter for Bernie Sanders?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC

Saw a video of him deplanning in Rome. From the stairs so I assume (as from what I read) it was a charter.

Delta logo on the side but not sure if it's 757/A330/767. Googling some private flight sights said the cost could range $14-17,000/flight hour.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:42 am

Just a hunch says the Vatican picked up the tab...they have rather deep pockets!
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:47 am

Looks like it was a 763, JFK-CIA.

He's there for a conference and I suspect the charter was primary for conference attendees from the NYC area. Sanders would almost certainly have to pay for his seat to be in compliance with both election and senate rules.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by motytrah
DL8878: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...405Z/KJFK/LIRA
Old Apr 15, 2016, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by motytrah

He's there for a conference and I suspect the charter was primary for conference attendees from the NYC area. Sanders would almost certainly have to pay for his seat to be in compliance with both election and senate rules.
From what I read he has 10 family members including wife and 4 grand kids, plus SS and aides/staffers which is why I was curious to it being set up on his own.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 6:44 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
He's on his way back!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...010Z/LIRA/KJFK
Old Apr 16, 2016, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
From what I read he has 10 family members including wife and 4 grand kids, plus SS and aides/staffers which is why I was curious to it being set up on his own.
After he redistributes income and wealth to make us all equal, this won't be possible.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
After he redistributes income and wealth to make us all equal, this won't be possible.
Rules won't count for him silly
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Shhhhh don't turn this into OMNI.

I was posting to get more concrete details for a...."conversation" I was having.
I had guesstimated off of this but wanted something more firm to DL: http://www.privatefly.com.au/private...g-767-300.html
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
All these private charters goes against their climate change agenda as well. Funny how that works.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jtrue28
All these private charters goes against their climate change agenda as well. Funny how that works.
Ya, couldn't they have used a <beautiful> <spacious> <low profile> CRJ-200? With 50 seats there would've been room to spare, and, certainly given the appearance of be much more thrifty than using a B763! Of course, they would've had to have made a fuel stop, or 3!
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by davetravels
Ya, couldn't they have used a <beautiful> <spacious> <low profile> CRJ-200? With 50 seats there would've been room to spare, and, certainly given the appearance of be much more thrifty than using a B763! Of course, they would've had to have made a fuel stop, or 3!
Lol!
Old Apr 16, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Uh, you're missing quite a lot here. A presidential candidate at this stage of the game travels with much more than just his family. There's a huge entourage...campaign staff, secret service, traveling press, etc. Then they need a plane with the legs to fly to Rome. Could a 75S have made it? Possibly, but they might have had capacity limitations.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
I bet it was stocked with extra brownie brittle and woodford too
Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:28 pm

Or, maybe Southwest could've flown him to KEF on a B737, and change planes to RyanAir or EasyJet onto CIA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.