Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Heathrow Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
London Heathrow Lounge Access

Ok, lazy alert: I'm sure it's on the delta website somewhere but I trust this forum much more!!

Girlfriend and I are traveling to London next week. Virgin Atlantic metal going. Delta bus coming back. I'm diamond but upgraded my sky club to executive since she and I travel quite a bit together. She is gold status. We are on regular fares in economy + or whatever delta calls it this week.

Can we access the sky team lounges in London?

Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yes for the SkyTeam lounge, but what terminal at LHR does your return flight on DL use? Security might not let you get to the door of that lounge.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yes for the SkyTeam lounge, but what terminal at LHR does your return flight on DL use? Security might not let you get to the door of that lounge.
Not sure. This is my first trip to LHR. I'll hope for the best.

Thanks for the quick response. I read your posts a lot and you are dead on accurate. Well done
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG PLT100, Marriott Gold
This thread is a goldmine for info on flying to LHR: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...london-dl.html

Check out the Wiki at the top, and if you have any more specific questions, you can post in there, and someone (frequently rwoman, who is an LHR expert) will get back to you with an answer.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
You will be able to use the landside Delta arrivals lounge at Terminal 3 when you arrive on VS. Your departure will be from either Terminal 3 or Terminal 4. If it's the former, you, as a DL DM, will have access to the VS Clubhouse and can bring one guest. If it's Terminal 4, both of you will have access to the SkyTeam lounge as ST elite+.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
You will be able to use the landside Delta arrivals lounge at Terminal 3 when you arrive on VS. Your departure will be from either Terminal 3 or Terminal 4. If it's the former, you, as a DL DM, will have access to the VS Clubhouse and can bring one guest. If it's Terminal 4, both of you will have access to the SkyTeam lounge as ST elite+.
Additionally, in both directions, you can both access the SkyClub or the Clubhouse in the US airport(s).

To summarize:

Outbound at US airports: Access DL SC or VS CH as GM+ flying to UK on VS/DL

On arrival to LHR: Access DL arrivals lounge at T3 or Yotel at T4 as GM+ arriving on VS/DL (if landing at T4 you can go to the arrivals lounge at T3 but I'm not sure if the reverse is true for the Yotel with T3 arrival)

Return at LHR:
Access SkyTeam lounge at T4 if flying to ATL/MSP/DTW/PHL/SEA as GM+ on same-day international ST flight
or
Access VS Clubhouse at T3 if flying to JFK/BOS as PM+ and one guest on DL/VS flight from LHR (GM have a separate lounge but no need to bother with that if it's just the two of you)

Return at connection point in US: Access DL SC or VS CH as GM+ flying from UK on VS/DL
Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by BOSTransplant
This thread is a goldmine for info on flying to LHR: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...london-dl.html

Check out the Wiki at the top, and if you have any more specific questions, you can post in there, and someone (frequently rwoman, who is an LHR expert) will get back to you with an answer.
LHR? Where's that????

Oh. Wait. I was there yesterday morning.

Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I'll be at LHR next Thursday morning. I'm going over on VS on a DL code-share ticket. If I have time, I'm going to check out the Delta arrivals lounge as part of my trip report. I understand that to get there, you have to go outside of the ground floor of T3 and turn left and proceed to a spot near Door 17, where the entrance to the DL facility is.

If you can get into VS Revivals (which they've basically reserved for those flying in VS Upper Class), that is accessed by going up an elevator located basically at the opposite corner of the T3 arrivals area from where you first enter after leaving the customs channels.

The Yotel in T4 is located up an escalator that leads to a JD Wetherspoon pub called "The Windsor Castle".

T4 and T3 are located on opposite sides of runway 9R-27L; the "Heathrow Connect" train runs every 15-20 minutes between the two in a tunnel; it is a free ride inter-terminal.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Ok, lazy alert: I'm sure it's on the delta website somewhere but I trust this forum much more!!

Girlfriend and I are traveling to London next week. Virgin Atlantic metal going. Delta bus coming back. I'm diamond but upgraded my sky club to executive since she and I travel quite a bit together. She is gold status. We are on regular fares in economy + or whatever delta calls it this week.

Can we access the sky team lounges in London?

Thanks.
Watch out for a very useful email from DL about LHR.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ND76
I'll be at LHR next Thursday morning. I'm going over on VS on a DL code-share ticket. If I have time, I'm going to check out the Delta arrivals lounge as part of my trip report. I understand that to get there, you have to go outside of the ground floor of T3 and turn left and proceed to a spot near Door 17, where the entrance to the DL facility is.

If you can get into VS Revivals (which they've basically reserved for those flying in VS Upper Class), that is accessed by going up an elevator located basically at the opposite corner of the T3 arrivals area from where you first enter after leaving the customs channels.

The Yotel in T4 is located up an escalator that leads to a JD Wetherspoon pub called "The Windsor Castle".

T4 and T3 are located on opposite sides of runway 9R-27L; the "Heathrow Connect" train runs every 15-20 minutes between the two in a tunnel; it is a free ride inter-terminal.
Directions and pics for getting to the T3 DL arrivals lounge are in the FAQ.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...london-dl.html
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

These forums are the best!!! Thanks for all of the good info. We land at 6:55 am and may need to kill a little time before our hotel room is ready.

thanks again!!!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Be careful, though. Once you've visited the VS Clubhouse you'll never be satisfied with a Sky Club again. (Not that I ever thought they were wonderful.)
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by rwoman
LHR? Where's that????

Oh. Wait. I was there yesterday morning.

I'll be there tomorrow morning! I'm excited to see how nice the VS Clubhouse in T3 is. Their Clubhouse in BOS is great, and they only have one flight a day from that airport (the DL JV flight goes out of a different terminal, so the Clubhouse is only available to people flying on VS metal).
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by sethb
Be careful, though. Once you've visited the VS Clubhouse you'll never be satisfied with a Sky Club again. (Not that I ever thought they were wonderful.)
Holy smokes, you were not kidding. I've been to about 20 different sky clubs and a couple of third party lounges internationally, but none of them come close to this place. Unreal. I pity the DL folks who fly out of T4. The special upperclass security was a nice touch, also.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOSTransplant
Holy smokes, you were not kidding. I've been to about 20 different sky clubs and a couple of third party lounges internationally, but none of them come close to this place. Unreal. I pity the DL folks who fly out of T4. The special upperclass security was a nice touch, also.
I almost always try to fly VS or via JFK/BOS unless scheduling just does not work.

Especially since DM/PM traveling in Y (which is where I usually am) can use the UpperClass security wing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.