Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Heathrow Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by BOSTransplant
Holy smokes, you were not kidding. I've been to about 20 different sky clubs and a couple of third party lounges internationally, but none of them come close to this place. Unreal. I pity the DL folks who fly out of T4. The special upperclass security was a nice touch, also.
You're getting me really excited for my flight out of LHR even though I have 7+ months to wait. I'm on the 12:35pm LHR-IAD flight. What's the collective wisdom on how early to arrive in order to enjoy the lounge without getting too bored. I was thinking maybe 9:30 but am open to suggestions. Flying VS metal UC booked with Skymiles if that matters.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by mattp1987
You're getting me really excited for my flight out of LHR even though I have 7+ months to wait. I'm on the 12:35pm LHR-IAD flight. What's the collective wisdom on how early to arrive in order to enjoy the lounge without getting too bored. I was thinking maybe 9:30 but am open to suggestions. Flying VS metal UC booked with Skymiles if that matters.
3 hours should be plenty.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The joint SkyTeam lounge in the other terminal at LHR isn't bad either. There's champagne if you ask for it.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The joint SkyTeam lounge in the other terminal at LHR isn't bad either. There's champagne if you ask for it.
The T4 SkyTeam lounge pales in comparison to the VS Clubhouse.

Food, spa services, showers, service, etc is far superior in the Clubhouse. But these are only places I see about every month.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:06 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Question Delta arrivals lounge in T3 - access from other terminals?

Somewhat related / maybe not, but can anyone advise?

Me:
DM, Platinum Amex, PriorityPass.

Next week:
I am arriving on FI (Icelandair) to LHR T2, about an hour in advance of a friend who is arriving on VS to LHR T3.

My goal:
Go to T3 and wait for him, comfortably.

Question -- Will I be able to get into the Delta Arrivals lounge? Any other ideas?
Old May 19, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by marcworld
Somewhat related / maybe not, but can anyone advise?

Me:
DM, Platinum Amex, PriorityPass.

Next week:
I am arriving on FI (Icelandair) to LHR T2, about an hour in advance of a friend who is arriving on VS to LHR T3.

My goal:
Go to T3 and wait for him, comfortably.

Question -- Will I be able to get into the Delta Arrivals lounge? Any other ideas?
Nope - no lounge Arrivals access, really your best option is to wait for him at T3 arrivals.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Nope - no lounge Arrivals access, really your best option is to wait for him at T3 arrivals.
What about flying out on Iceland air?

delta platinum elite and lifetime delta lounge member?

(I guess my question is can lifetime lounge member get access when flying a totally unrelated airline?

thanks for any info.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Nope.
Old May 19, 2016, 10:42 am

Nope.
Thanks... I will have to buy a fully refundable ticket then!
Old May 24, 2016, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Live4Miles
Thanks... I will have to buy a fully refundable ticket then!
Just to use the arrivals lounge?

If you're thinking you'll just go airside and then leave to exit the airport, I'm not sure you can just do so and then exit the airport as I think you'd need to clear the UK border to exit.

It's not like US airports where you can just leave.
Old May 24, 2016, 3:25 pm

Actually, waiting for somebody at T3, outside of any lounge, not eating or drinking anything and just standing there, with all of those....people....and signs...and luggage carts....is exactly my WORST option

If everyone is certain that Delta won't let me in (I still don't see why, the Skyclub membership rules say a member can enter any day they are flying, regardless of airline ticketed)...I can always wait it out in the T2 arrivals lounge instead (with PriorityPass), and make my friend come to me! BOOM.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Actually, waiting for somebody at T3, outside of any lounge, not eating or drinking anything and just standing there, with all of those....people....and signs...and luggage carts....is exactly my WORST option

If everyone is certain that Delta won't let me in (I still don't see why, the Skyclub membership rules say a member can enter any day they are flying, regardless of airline ticketed)...I can always wait it out in the T2 arrivals lounge instead (with PriorityPass), and make my friend come to me! BOOM.
Can you really not tolerate one hour without a lounge? There are places to get food and drink in the arrivals waiting area at T3. Consider it the beginning of your cultural immersion in England.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Can you really not tolerate one hour without a lounge?
No. I really can't.

I'm sure that sounds grotesquely obnoxious to the outside world but I figured there's at least a few sympathizers here on FT.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold

Waiting at the T2 arrivals lounge would also be my recommendation. It's a 7-10 min walk from T2 arrivals to T3 arrivals, so you could still meet your friend if s/he texted you on landing.
Old May 24, 2016, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A Sky Club membership does not give access to the DL Arrivals lounge at LHR...it is NOT a Sky Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.