Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Searching for Virgin Australia seats on Delta site using miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, United Premier Silver

I have not searched on Delta for a long time. The last time I flew Virgin Australia (business class using miles) I had to call customer service and they found available mileage seats for me. I just did a few trial searches and Virgin Australia flights never showed up -- only Delta and Korean Air. Can anyone tell me if Virgin Australia business class seats are still available using Delta miles. They used to be "easy" to get.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Delta.com can construct award itineraries with Virgin Australia segments.

Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by pacheco18
Can anyone tell me if Virgin Australia business class seats are still available using Delta miles. They used to be "easy" to get.
Several months ago VA J availability went from "easy to find" to "hardly ever shows up". This comes up from time to time in various threads.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bennos
Several months ago VA availability went from "easy to find" to "hardly ever shows up". This comes up from time to time in various threads.
Thanks for both responses. I guess I did not plug in the right dates. My window does not open up until a month from now -- really hoping to fly Virgin Australia again -- one of the best Business Class products I have experienced. It used to be "easy" -- the good stuff never lasts.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
You can also try the Virgin Australia Website.

I have always been able to book flights with Delta miles that are shown as 'Economy Reward' or 'Business Reward' (the two leftmost columns), even if I can't see these on Delta.com. The agents can't always see the flights when they search by date, but if I give them the VA flight number they find it.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
You can also try the Virgin Australia Website.

I have always been able to book flights with Delta miles that are shown as 'Economy Reward' or 'Business Reward' (the two leftmost columns), even if I can't see these on Delta.com. The agents can't always see the flights when they search by date, but if I give them the VA flight number they find it.
Great tip
I will try that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.