Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in SCL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access in SCL

I've recently booked a trip to SCL. I'll be arriving on a Delta flight from Atlanta on a Saturday morning, then on a separate ticket going to Arica with Sky airlines. As a DM I have a full Sky Club membership. Will it be possible for me to collect my bags recheck them with Sky airlines and then access the Sky Club Lounge in the SCL Airport? If not do you know of any for pay lounges that would be accessible from the terminal where sky airlines operate their domestic flights?
The DL flight arrives 08:50am, the Sky flight leaves at 14:00.
Many thanks, this is my first trip to Chile
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's a good guess that international and domestic passengers are segregated. One way that sometimes works to check this is to see what's said on the PP website about lounge access.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Chile has exit customs, so you have to exit the country to enter the international departures area where all the lounges are, which you won't be able to do without an international boarding pass departing SCL. Last time I was there (been several years), there wasn't even a LAN lounge (the local hub airline) in the domestic terminal.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
I would not expect to have access to the International departure lounges (including the SkyClub) upon arrival.
There is, however, one domestic side lounge accessible with PP and several other (mostly local) programs.
Very easy to locate.
Enjoy.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 4:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
The domestic lounge (named Pacific Lounge) is pretty basic. Internet is good, so is drinks selection, food limited and shower facilities very basic (you get a paper towel). Mostly used by local business people on day trips, gaining access through credit card contracts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.