Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL Business class lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

ATL Business class lounge

Does the lounge in ATL international terminal offer pre-flight dining for J class, or food quality that would enable one to eat before the flight, and sleep to Europe?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: DLDime & MM - Marriott LifePlat - Hertz Prez - Hyatt Dissapointedist
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Does the lounge in ATL international terminal offer pre-flight dining for J class, or food quality that would enable one to eat before the flight, and sleep to Europe?
No, but One Flew South on concourse E is a favorite of many FTers and worthy of a try... and just down the block from the E SC.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...lew-south.html
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
The lounges in E and F terminals (both are international terminals) have hot foods you won't find in most other lounges. The spread varies, but there's usually at least one meat, one pasta, and one starchy side. They were doing light plated meals for Delta One customers, but that has gone away. You certainly could eat enough from the Skyclub offerings to skip dinner if you wanted to.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Though the ATL F lounge is one of DL's best (within the US) and is kept well stocked. But it is still just a standard SC.

For me, I am happy with a couple bowls of soup and the chicken salad, but I suspect the vast majority here would suggest finding a real resteraunt if your game plan is to sleep the flight.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Long time ago there used to be a true "Business Elite" lounge in terminal E that was **borderline** acceptable as far as the international scheme of things for a true business class lounge when compared to true international legacy carriers. Sadly no, just all the overcrowded Skydumps are all that remain.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Though the ATL F lounge is one of DL's best (within the US) and is kept well stocked. But it is still just a standard SC.

For me, I am happy with a couple bowls of soup and the chicken salad, but I suspect the vast majority here would suggest finding a real resteraunt if your game plan is to sleep the flight.
Agreed. One Flew South in E, or Ecco in F, are my choices for a meal before a flight if I want to sleep.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
There seems to be a new program of differentiating between lounges and maybe even time of day. Recently I have been in the SFO and LAX lounges multiple times. Mostly they offered the standard offerings, but there were a few times that the offerings were seriously more robust, and for sure enough to make a meal out of. I wish that DL would communicate their plan so that we could plan.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
There seems to be a new program of differentiating between lounges and maybe even time of day. Recently I have been in the SFO and LAX lounges multiple times. Mostly they offered the standard offerings, but there were a few times that the offerings were seriously more robust, and for sure enough to make a meal out of. I wish that DL would communicate their plan so that we could plan.
Yes, much variation now -- last time I was in ATL F mid-afternoon there were sandwiches, some kebab type things, two soups, pasta along with the regular offerings.
Last Sunday afternoon LAX had small sandwiches and mac and cheese in place of one of the soups (very, very salty). A few months back, on a Saturday afternoon, LGA had finger hors d'ouvres being passed every 45 minutes or so.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA PS, VX, Natl EE, Hertz PC
I think to answer the OP's question, yes, there is food available. There's a very high chance that the E/F Skyclub will have substantial food that you could make a meal out of. Will it be a plated dinner sufficient to replace the onboard offering? No. But if you have your heart set on eating before the flight, you can definitely achieve that goal, either in the club or on the concourse at a sit down restaurant.

Since November, Delta has made a conscious effort to increase the food offerings in the clubs that service international fliers. You'll see a different experience in ATL E/F than on T/A/B/C/D.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: SPG, DL
If you're Priority Pass, The Club in F serves food from Ecco. My understanding is they have (a portion) of the Ecco menu and you order from that.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by ATLawyer
If you're Priority Pass, The Club in F serves food from Ecco. My understanding is they have (a portion) of the Ecco menu and you order from that.
Is that a recent change? I used to go to The Club quite often if I had time to make it down there, but I haven't been in awhile with the improved offerings at the SkyClubs, especially E and F which have better offerings than what I remember at The Club. If I have time to kill, I usually head to E now. I might have to check it out again if they've improved as well.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by inthecloud
I think to answer the OP's question, yes, there is food available. There's a very high chance that the E/F Skyclub will have substantial food that you could make a meal out of. Will it be a plated dinner sufficient to replace the onboard offering? No. But if you have your heart set on eating before the flight, you can definitely achieve that goal, either in the club or on the concourse at a sit down restaurant.

Since November, Delta has made a conscious effort to increase the food offerings in the clubs that service international fliers. You'll see a different experience in ATL E/F than on T/A/B/C/D.
I agree. You can get enough to eat even if you want a substantial and filling meal, but it won't be high quality or comparable to the D1 meals served on board. The wines won't be as good either unless you order the more expensive of the Luxury Bar offerings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.