Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Which London Heathrow flights now arrive at T3?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which London Heathrow flights now arrive at T3?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Question Which London Heathrow flights now arrive at T3?

I know at the beginning of the move to T3 it was New York, Seattle, and Boston but I'm wondering if any other routes/flights have moved to T3.

I just used the Arrivals Lounge there for the first time and it was a very very good experience.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ts/london.html

BOS, LAX, JFK, EWR.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Thanks. I searched multiple times and never came up with that.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer
And all VS-operated flights.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ruckzac
And all VS-operated flights.
And BA as well. Because of this, they cannot handles the terminal 5. They don't have enough gate space. Due to gate restricted.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:46 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by N830MH
And BA as well. Because of this, they cannot handles the terminal 5. They don't have enough gate space. Due to gate restricted.
OP was most likely referring to the joint venture (DL/VS) flights, as some DL flights still arrive in the Skyteam T4.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I last flew to LHR on DL, I received a very helpful email a couple days in advance that outlined business class benefits, the two LHR terminals, and other logistical details about what to expect.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer
I'm pretty sure DL operated flights to LAX and EWR ended in October.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:49 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
The information above is correct for London Departures.

However, it is not necessarily correct for London arrivals. London arrivals can (and often do) get shuffled around based on aircraft rotation.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I think the rule is that cities that are served by VS use the same terminal as VS so that people can be shifted between flights easily in IROPs. At least that's how I justified the lists to myself this summer.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think the rule is that cities that are served by VS use the same terminal as VS so that people can be shifted between flights easily in IROPs. At least that's how I justified the lists to myself this summer.
No, this is not the case. For example, DL-operated LHR-ATL uses T4; VS-operated LHR-ATL uses T3. Same for DL and VS flights to DTW.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by rwoman
No, this is not the case. For example, DL-operated LHR-ATL uses T4; VS-operated LHR-ATL uses T3. Same for DL and VS flights to DTW.
OOPs, I was trying to count off the VS routes I knew and at the same time have an easy way to remember the list. I guess there's just no logic to it.

Does anybody have a mnemonic?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OOPs, I was trying to count off the VS routes I knew and at the same time have an easy way to remember the list. I guess there's just no logic to it.

Does anybody have a mnemonic?
No mnemonic I've come up with, but with the service that ended in early October, only DL-operated BOS and JFK flights use T3 right now. I'd expect, as winter traffic slows down after Christmas, DL could again push some flights over to T3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.