Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DM on PAID D1 ticket autorebooked in coach when flight had business class available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DM on PAID D1 ticket autorebooked in coach when flight had business class available

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by sethb
Yes, because she happened to notice Delta's attempt to downgrade her in time to do something about it. So we're discussing what happens when someone doesn't notice that.

What would you do if you were booked in paid-for D1, and IRROPS caused you to be downgraded on an intra-EU segment, and you didn't notice until arrival at CDG at which point AF would say only that you had a Y ticket, because that's all they see on their system? Would you complain and expect compensation for not getting what you paid for, or start saying WFBFHYSIF? (Want F, buy F, hope you sit in F)
I can see some irate folks having a "WFBF HissyFit"
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
What would you do if you were booked in paid-for D1, and IRROPS caused you to be downgraded on an intra-EU segment, and you didn't notice until arrival at CDG at which point AF would say only that you had a Y ticket, because that's all they see on their system? Would you complain and expect compensation for not getting what you paid for, or start saying WFBFHYSIF? (Want F, buy F, hope you sit in F)
Personally, I'd keep my mouth shut, sit in Y, and then ask for compensation after the fact. Even a relatively paltry amount of miles thrown my way would provide more value than intra-EU J.

Given that the OP sat in J, I still don't understand why this thread exists.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Given that the OP sat in J, I still don't understand why this thread exists.
From your repeated questioning of this, it seems to me your position is that, because everything ended up being the same, therefore there is no value in communicating the experience. I disagree -- if nothing else it's a cautionary tale, "keep an eye on your bookings otherwise you might find yourself in a similar situation without the happy resolution" and has also led to to discussion on options/what to do if one does not discover the problem in time. I may not remember the details, but I will likely remember that this thread exists and search for it if necessary.

So I think the thread clearly has value for some people, but if it serves no value to you, it would be easy for you to unsubscribe from it and ignore it going forward.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Personally, I'd keep my mouth shut, sit in Y, and then ask for compensation after the fact. Even a relatively paltry amount of miles thrown my way would provide more value than intra-EU J.
I would likely do that as well. It will be useful to see the experience of someone who actually does, so we'll learn what else might be helpful. (E.g. get a written note from the GA that my purchased ticket is in Y so I can prove DL sent the wrong information over)
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL DM
Yes, because she happened to notice Delta's attempt to downgrade her in time to do something about it. So we're discussing what happens when someone doesn't notice that.

...um....I'd call Delta and they would fix it. Just what they did for the op
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by bubbashow
...um....I'd call Delta and they would fix it. Just what they did for the op
They would, if you noticed in time. What if you didn't, you're at the AF desk, and have 5 minutes before the door closes?

I don't know which I'd do, because I might well prefer the compensation for the downgrade to the Euro Business seat. (That's why it's useful to see what other people's experiences might have been. We can argue all we want, but in the absence of someone saying "It happened to me and Delta gave me X" we really can't know what to expect.)
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I just want to make sure I have the story right. By my reading:

1) OP was initially "bumped" from intra-EU "J" during IROPS.
2) The DL agents resolved the issue and got the OP his/her empty middle seat and a snack.

Just want to make sure I understand the point of this thread.
Originally Posted by Vuelos
Post count padding.
^^
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I think the only real conclusion is that when there is a sizable delay anything can happen and you should check your reservation. If AF is involved (from personal experience) the problem can be exacerbated.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I would have expected same class of service. Glad to hear DL fixed it - I think these are things that should happen but often don't. Nevertheless appreciative to the agents that fix it.

Good tip on using DL Assist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.