Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa/ Austrian booking thought Delta website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2015, 8:17 am
Original Poster

I just booked an Austrian / Lufthansa open jaw flight through the delta website.

I don't know how is that even possible but I have a PNR and a ticket number issued by Delta. All the flight numbers are on OS/LH numbers.

Not sure how is that even possible?!

One thing that seems a bit off is that for the 1st of 4 legs the passenger status is not confirmed. Everything else seems normal.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Which country/language version of delta did you use? AFAIK The US version of Delta's website doesn't allow it.

As for the status, that's normal when an airline sells a ticket on a non-partner. The airline that is being flower has 24hrs to respond as to if it will sell a seat or not. Until then you're not confirmed on that flight and they may say no to giving you a seat
Old Sep 28, 2015, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by michalis
I just booked an Austrian / Lufthansa open jaw flight through the delta website.
How did you find the flights? Simply by searching on Delta.com? Via Kayak?

Or via trickier methods constructing a URL using some of the tips from another thread?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Saw this thread this morning. Was curious to see if there was any further posts. Kinda intrigued... would love to know further.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL
Why not?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Here DL seems to be playing the role of the OP's travel agent. I wonder whether this could be some sort of creative profit initiative, almost reminiscent of the PMNW BUMP program.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Google is for some reason using DL system and forcing the flight selections in via the URL. I'm guessing it's easiest for Google to pass the information onto DL then either of the airline's being flown or they don't allow it to be passed along.

Regardless DL is only acting as a travel agent in regards to this ticket. It's part of the reason they can't confirm your seat until the airline replies back confirmed.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Sorry for not getting back earlier.

I booked through the powetools script from ITA matrix that paul21 has listed above.
I believe it was the UK site (or at least UK point of sale) as i was billed in GBP.

However Austrian did not confirm the first leg of the ticket so after a couple of calls to both Austrian (where the guy on the phone was amused and confused on how I booked this itinerary) and DL who could not see any availability on their systems for the flight I was booked I was given the option of some other reroutings/times for that first leg.

None of the options suited me so I ended up cancelling the ticket thinking that I could book it either by calling Austrian/United/TAs/OTAs but the fare bucket I was booked was not available for sale by Austrian!! The available fare buckets were pricing at a much higher price so I am looking into alternative options.

So now trying to find alternative routes.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by michalis
Sorry for not getting back earlier.

I booked through the powetools script from ITA matrix that paul21 has listed above.
I believe it was the UK site (or at least UK point of sale) as i was billed in GBP.

However Austrian did not confirm the first leg of the ticket so after a couple of calls to both Austrian (where the guy on the phone was amused and confused on how I booked this itinerary) and DL who could not see any availability on their systems for the flight I was booked I was given the option of some other reroutings/times for that first leg.

None of the options suited me so I ended up cancelling the ticket thinking that I could book it either by calling Austrian/United/TAs/OTAs but the fare bucket I was booked was not available for sale by Austrian!! The available fare buckets were pricing at a much higher price so I am looking into alternative options.

So now trying to find alternative routes.
Currency is always based on the departure point of first flight. Since you flew out of LHR, the fare is priced in GBP. If you flew out of CDG, it would have been EUR, etc. It doesn't matter which website you use, airfare gets priced in currency based on the departure point of the first flight.

It sounds like there was stale fare class availability. It's the reason when an airline tickets flights on a non-partner they have to wait for confirmation before ticketing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.