Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta adding nonstop RDU-CDG May 12, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta adding nonstop RDU-CDG May 12, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2015, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Long time coming! Never thought this was coming back to the DL route map. ^
Old Sep 26, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
AA refurbed less than 1/2 of its 767s at that.
That's because they are retiring the rest of them (only refurbed 767s will remain in the fleet)
Old Sep 26, 2015, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ty97
That's because they are retiring the rest of them (only refurbed 767s will remain in the fleet)
Should passengers boarding one of the ~25 unrefurbed 767s today find comfort in that? Some of that subset of aircraft will be flying for another four or five years.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Should passengers boarding one of the ~25 unrefurbed 767s today find comfort in that? Some of that subset of aircraft will be flying for another four or five years.

The unrefurbed aircraft have already started retiring and will be fully gone next year. That's exactly why they were not refurbed (you don't refurb a plane just to retire it a year later). Past 2016, only refurbed 767s will remain at AA.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by ajs123
This is great news! I fly to RDU several times a year and this will certainly be a more convenient routing. Though the 757 does not give a direct aisle access from every J seat, perhaps once the route is very successful, a larger bird might be employed. Would be nice if the RDU-LAX flight got the 75S as well.
As an RDU flier, I am excited about the route, but less excited about the 757 on a 9 hour flight, that is why I don't fly PIT or BOS to CDG. I will continue to take a connection for a larger plane out of ATL, DTW, or JFK going over, but I might consider the direct return trip for the ease of customs.

On this thread there is a mention of the club expansion. They can't expand the current club without taking over the AA club across the hall. I would expect them to take the US club on the D side (South) of the terminal as it has a similar set up with two areas. the only drawback will be that the RDU-CDG plane will have to be located at the extreme North end with the AA LHR plane at C23/C25 for customs.

My friendly Red Coat has said that DL will most likely move most of its gates out of C (North side), but it will keep C1 and C3 which are directly in front of the current club. On the D side, DL is going to take the majority of the Mainline side, with a plan to expand to more markets. This move was originally expected this month with the move of the Check in counters, but has now been postponed to the spring (maybe to coincide with the new club?) .

Last edited by SYRRDU; Sep 27, 2015 at 4:28 am
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: DL DM
www.delta.com has loaded quite some award travel seats at 60,000 miles round trip on this nonstop itinerary. Very nice.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SYRRDU
On this thread there is a mention of the club expansion. They can't expand the current club without taking over the AA club across the hall. I would expect them to take the US club on the D side (South) of the terminal as it has a similar set up with two areas. the only drawback will be that the RDU-CDG plane will have to be located at the extreme North end with the AA LHR plane at C23/C25 for customs.
The new DL flight to CDG need not depart from the FIS-equipped gates - it only has to arrive there. DL could easily tow the plane from the international arrival gates to its gates (presumably near its new club location, the old US club). It's more important for departures to be near the club, but Arrivals don't have to be anywhere near the club or the other DL gates.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A few
seems nothing is open on the 12th May for the inaugural? cash or points?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
seems nothing is open on the 12th May for the inaugural? cash or points?
Are you looking at RDU-CDG leg? There is only CDG-RDU on 5/12. RDU-CDG starts on 5/13.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by MonAmQB
Are you looking at RDU-CDG leg? There is only CDG-RDU on 5/12. RDU-CDG starts on 5/13.
aha thanks that would explain it!
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:24 pm

RDU flier and lurker on this forum here. Not a real airline follower, but I am pretty sure the main point of this is to compete with AA/BA on flights to far flung secondary cities in eastern Europe, the Middle East, and the Indian subcontinent that can't be reached nonstop from the US mainland.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: KLM and AA
The AA LHR flight arrives at 2 - so both of these are within minutes of each other. I assume this was planned since customs is there anyway?
What gate will Delta use?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
There is apparently a bunch of space behind the bar in the SkyClub that can be used to expand the current lounge. We asked the AAngels in the AC about this last week when flying the RDU-SEA inaugural and they indicated that AA and DL would remain in their current lounges.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:40 pm

5 seats open each way in business right now (looking at July CDG-RDU).
Old May 12, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
DL230, inaugural RDU-CDG today

Water salute

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.