Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club Executive Membership Choice Benefits Upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond/Delta Diamond/National Executive Elite

I just hit Diamond for the first time and selected the executive membership upgrade for 2016.

I travel a lot with my spouse so it made sense for me. My question is can I use it for the balance of 2015? Or will it not kick in until 2016?

I selected yesterday and we are flying home this Friday. Just wondering if we will have lounge access.

Jason
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you read the T&C's? Seems pretty clear it becomes effective as soon as you make the selection and will be effective until Jan 31, 2017 (since you just hit Diamond and are thus using a 2016 Choice Benefit selection).

Delta Sky Club Executive Membership Upgrade: Members who qualify for Diamond Medallion status may use one of their Choice Benefits selections to upgrade from an Individual to an Executive Delta Sky Club Membership. The Executive upgrade will be applied to the oldest issued Individual Membership and the member will receive an Executive Membership for the amount of time between Choice Benefits selection and the end of the 2015 Medallion year (January 31, 2016) for 2015 selections, and the end of the 2016 Medallion year (January 31, 2017) for 2016 selections.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Yes I did read the T&C's and it wasn't crystal clear to me but that was my interpretation as well. It just took awhile for the upgrade to post to my account. It posted this morning.

Thanks for the reply.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
I don't really get this. Do you not value 4 GLOBAL UPGRADE (or 8 regional ones) ceritifcates at more than $450?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
I don't really get this. Do you not value 4 GLOBAL UPGRADE (or 8 regional ones) certificates at more than $450?
Actually the difference between the individual membership that comes from being a DM and the exec is only $245.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
I don't really get this. Do you not value 4 GLOBAL UPGRADE (or 8 regional ones) ceritifcates at more than $450?
You get two choices. albeit you are shortening the life of GUC's picking them this early
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

I did also select the upgrade certificates. I mostly fly the same route and upgrades, even at the platinum level, were almost always guaranteed because of the times that I usually flew. Having said that I did select the 8 regional certificates. That made the most sense for the locations that I fly to.

The upgrade cert's are good for one year so you are not really shortening the life of them - you just have 12 months to use them.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by Lean Guy
I did also select the upgrade certificates. I mostly fly the same route and upgrades, even at the platinum level, were almost always guaranteed because of the times that I usually flew. Having said that I did select the 8 regional certificates. That made the most sense for the locations that I fly to.

The upgrade cert's are good for one year so you are not really shortening the life of them - you just have 12 months to use them.
Yes you are. You select them today they expire a year from today. You select them Jan 31 next year they expire Jan 31 2017. If I know I am not going to use them in the next 3 months I would wait to select them.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Yes you are. You select them today they expire a year from today. You select them Jan 31 next year they expire Jan 31 2017. If I know I am not going to use them in the next 3 months I would wait to select them.
Yes, you are correct if I wasn't going to use them in 2015 then I would be limiting them. In my case I will be able to put them to good use in the next few months.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
Lower Lounge price

Originally Posted by rylan
Actually the difference between the individual membership that comes from being a DM and the exec is only $245.
If you already carry the Delta Reserve (lounge access) card the second card (also w/lounge access) would only be $175.00

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.