Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dela 360 - Do I have what it takes?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:34 pm
Formerly known as jbalis

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Executive, MGM Noir,
it can be gotten without flying J, try doing 1 or 2 BKK -PWM a month in M or so for the entire year
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by BumpMeVoucherMeATL
Hey guys!

Heard a little bit about the double secret Delta 360 program above Diamond and I'm curious to see if I have what it takes to get an invite?

For 2015 I'm sitting on about 85k Rollover MQMs, 100k Credit Card MQMs, and 125k Flight MQMs for a total of 310K MQMs with about 80 segments (I usually fly direct) and $30k in spend with Delta. Only about a 1/2 Million Miler (c'mon give me a break I'm under 30)

Do I have any chance of being promoted into Delta 360? What data points are others posting for Delta 360 invites?
No, No, and not even close to what you have. Rollover miles mean nothing. If anything they're a liability to DL.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I'm secretly Dan Quayle!
This reminded me of the spelling bee among Quayle, the late Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton. Do you remember who won?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, suffering Marriott Titanium
Playing in my mind right now is a Delta Agent from the VIP select program meeting me at the gate of my DCA to ATL flight and quickly ushering me across the tarmac in a Toyota Camry... no Porsche.
The Camry is for regular Diamonds; Slivers get a Yugo.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jallred6
I thought FOs got the Trabant....or maybe a Skoda or Lada if it isn't needed for a GM.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Darth Chocolate
In 2014, I had 10 International log haul trips (5 Europe, 5 Asia), $60K MQD.

YMMV.
Where were you hauling all of those logs? Do freight flights count for MQDs?

Originally Posted by jallred6
I thought slivers got pulled out with tweezers!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: Delta DM, suffering Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Howste
Where were you hauling all of those logs? Do freight flights count for MQDs?

I thought slivers got pulled out with tweezers!
Well played!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:19 am
k2

Originally Posted by kop84
I imagine in ATL your spend has to be North of $75K unless you're a big-wig at Coca-Cola or something of that nature.

I'm sure different cities have different standards. Based in ATL you're flying DL for the most part unless you don't like seat assignments or connections.
I'm guessing the same, last year my MQD/MQM was $0.38 (on $60k spend) and I didn't get 360. It makes sense that hub captives would have higher thresholds.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Heard a little bit about the double secret Delta 360 program above Diamond and I'm curious to see if I have what it takes to get an invite?
You'll have to settle for the Dave Clark 5 on this one.

David
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:36 am
Used to be hamajicky

How does one get 100k in credit card MQMs?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Chalky White
How does one get 100k in credit card MQMs?
Either you have all 4 Delta cards that can earn MQMs (30K each from a personal and business Reserve card and 20K from a personal and business Plat card), or somebody gifts you MQMs from their Reserve card.

David
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Hey guys!

For 2015 I'm sitting on about 85k Rollover MQMs, 100k Credit Card MQMs, and 125k Flight MQMs for a total of 310K MQMs with about 80 segments (I usually fly direct) and $30k in spend with Delta. Only about a 1/2 Million Miler (c'mon give me a break I'm under 30)

Do I have any chance of being promoted into Delta 360? What data points are others posting for Delta 360 invites?
If you're looking at $30k in spend for the year, not a chance. At $50k, it's barely possible. (I wonder if the threshold is based on the airport you claim is your home, so changing that might help.)
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:43 pm
Used to be hamajicky

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Either you have all 4 Delta cards that can earn MQMs (30K each from a personal and business Reserve card and 20K from a personal and business Plat card), or somebody gifts you MQMs from their Reserve card.

David
In addition to a lot of spending, that's a lot to keep up with. And a lot of annual fees too.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Chalky White
In addition to a lot of spending, that's a lot to keep up with. And a lot of annual fees too.
If you're spending $220K, the annual fees don't look that high. (Unless, of course, you can run someone else's spending through your cards, or MS.)
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
I am Delta 360 and I had over $15,000 in bump voucher spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.