Search

Questions Comfort+

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Questions Comfort+

Hello all,

This is my first post and I have some questions regarding the booking of Comfort+:
I'm flying with my family (wife plus three kids) from Berlin to Chicago with a stop in Detroit in the main cabin. I booked my ticket through the KLM website and two flights are with Delta. As a Flying Blue Platinum member I know, that I can book Comfort+ for free and as I read through the forum this should be also possible for my family. Or am I wrong?
Anyway, if I look up my trip on the Delta website they ask for 99$ per seat from AMS to DTW and 15$ for DTW to ORD. Am I too early, as I'm still waiting for the E-Ticket number and the flight is easter? Will it be possible later?
Thanks
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Bjotr
Hello all,

This is my first post and I have some questions regarding the booking of Comfort+:
I'm flying with my family (wife plus three kids) from Berlin to Chicago with a stop in Detroit in the main cabin. I booked my ticket through the KLM website and two flights are with Delta. As a Flying Blue Platinum member I know, that I can book Comfort+ for free and as I read through the forum this should be also possible for my family. Or am I wrong?
Anyway, if I look up my trip on the Delta website they ask for 99$ per seat from AMS to DTW and 15$ for DTW to ORD. Am I too early, as I'm still waiting for the E-Ticket number and the flight is easter? Will it be possible later?
Thanks
I believe if you search the KLM forum you'll find your answer. If memory serves access before checkin has to do with which airlines website you book on or that it's flat out not allowed until checkin. I know being a DL elite it is a pain to get KLMS equal to C+ before checkin.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your answer. After some discussions on FB and the phone the mian problem seems to be, that I still have no E-Ticketnumber, due to not paying by credit card. The highly recommended Platinum Service Line was very helpful and will fix it, after I got this
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Ok, I got now an answer, which is not in my favor, but an answer: Flying Blue is handled different here: My family must pay, as I'm not a Skymiles member. So they don't get Sky priority, Comfort+ for free, etc. For that answer, DL and AF/KLM needed 7 days to clarify this. And what is also important: everybody needs a Skymiles membership to be counted in
Edit: Although T&C states: SkyMiles Medallions and select partner airline elite members and up to eight companions traveling on the same reservation may be eligible for complimentary Delta Comfort+ within a specified time prior to departure based on their status within the applicable complimentary window.

I think I"m still lost

Last edited by Bjotr; Aug 28, 2015 at 3:25 am
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
;25287449 If memory serves access before checkin has to do with which airlines website you book on or that it's flat out not allowed until checkin.
Original poster: Do you have Delta flight numbers, or KLM flight numbers operated by Delta?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:28 am
Original Poster

KLM numbers, booked over the KL website
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Hmm, getting even more interesting, as the Delta Facebookteam reacted after some time and they booked me now Comfort+ for free. They say, that my FB Elite Plus is considered the same. Getting more confused now and they all give me different informations, but I take the seats for sure
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Bjotr
Hmm, getting even more interesting, as the Delta Facebookteam reacted after some time and they booked me now Comfort+ for free. They say, that my FB Elite Plus is considered the same. Getting more confused now and they all give me different informations, but I take the seats for sure
Getting contradictory information is par for the course (that's why "agent roulette" is a game). As you note, this time you win.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:29 am
Original Poster

KLM cancelled my Delta Comfort+ this morning, and Delta Facebookteam booked me in again
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Cancelled again..,I will start to write a book and call KLM today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.