Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

CZ Premium Economy North America to Guangzhou

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone
Just wondering if anyone has flown premium economy on China Southern from North American to Guangzhou. I'm looking at a potential booking and wondering what the food/drink is like, as well as seats, service, etc. Any information would be appreciated.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you looked at the aircraft configuration and seating map? That's always a good starting point and is objective, versus whether someone liked the F&B or had good FAs.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:07 am
Original Poster

I have looked at the seat map and website and the seats look similar to Air France premium economy. What it doesn't help me with is whether it's a better overall experience vs flying straight economy on Delta to HKG and then taking a ferry to the mainland. Hoping that others have experience to comment.
Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by NZLMAN
I have looked at the seat map and website and the seats look similar to Air France premium economy. What it doesn't help me with is whether it's a better overall experience vs flying straight economy on Delta to HKG and then taking a ferry to the mainland. Hoping that others have experience to comment.
Thanks
I know you can take the ferry to Macau directly from the HKG airport without ever doing entry formalities for Hong Kong (but it requires time for the connection), but is the same true for Guangzhou? Many people seem to go from the city of Hong Kong to Guangzhou using land transportation and the land border crossings, which have long lines at times.

You could also fly to Asia on DL and then connect to a partner flight (CZ although MU might also be possible) to CAN at NRT/HND, PVG, PEK, ICN (perhaps with KE?), etc. but be aware that mainland Chinese domestic flights are often late or cancelled. Especially if you connect in PEK, allow lots and lots of time.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
CZ PE is a much better experience than DL in Y, better food and service, and much more space.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I know you can take the ferry to Macau directly from the HKG airport without ever doing entry formalities for Hong Kong (but it requires time for the connection), but is the same true for Guangzhou? Many people seem to go from the city of Hong Kong to Guangzhou using land transportation and the land border crossings, which have long lines at times.
There are ferries to Guangzhou (Nansha) and Shenzhen (Shekou & Shenzhen Airport) from HKG as well.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noubliepas
CZ PE is a much better experience than DL in Y, better food and service, and much more space.
Thanks noubliepas, that's what I was wondering about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.