Wiki Posts
Search

Any Private Jet Upgrades Yet?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Any Private Jet Upgrades Yet?

Title says it all - as a frequent Shuttle flyer, hoping this is one of those routes that gets the call. Would love to hear stories / experiences. Mods - Thought we should start a thread with the following info for those that do get and want to share the new cool upgrades:
1) Route (i.e., LGA-DCA)
2) Status (i.e., Platinum)
3) Fare Bucket Purchased (i.e., "K")
4) PJ Upgrade Price: (i.e., $400)
5) PJ (i.e., G5)

Steven
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Here's one:

http://news.delta.com/first-flight-o...es-private-jet
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I will certainly jump on a reasonable offer the first chance I get. As a CVG-based Delta flyer, hopefully I'll get a shot in the next few months.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm so jealous. However, the article just says that the couple are DL elites and doesn't specify the tier. It also doesn't state their original fare class.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
I like the fact that it was only the two of them. As i mentioned in the other thread by biggest worry is it ending up being a smaller plane and totally full
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I like the fact that it was only the two of them. As i mentioned in the other thread by biggest worry is it ending up being a smaller plane and totally full
My fear would be the plane being filled by some obnoxious group, such as a bachelor party or people with badly behaved children. They could act like they have the aircraft to themselves and I would be concerned that the FA wouldn't do anything about it.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My fear would be the plane being filled by some obnoxious group, such as a bachelor party or people with badly behaved children. They could act like they have the aircraft to themselves and I would be concerned that the FA wouldn't do anything about it.
That too. Plus on smaller planes there isnt even an attendant so youd be on your own....
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
That was the first thing I thought as well -- what are the chances that they will let a DPJ go out with one or two people when they could easily fill all the seats on the plane? Another minor issue is that in some airports the private air terminal can be very far away from the commercial terminal; far enough that if you depart from one and arrive into the other, you're going to have to take a cab to retrieve your car. Not a huge price to pay for the chance to fly private, but an annoyance nevertheless.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by KevinDTW
That was the first thing I thought as well -- what are the chances that they will let a DPJ go out with one or two people when they could easily fill all the seats on the plane? Another minor issue is that in some airports the private air terminal can be very far away from the commercial terminal; far enough that if you depart from one and arrive into the other, you're going to have to take a cab to retrieve your car. Not a huge price to pay for the chance to fly private, but an annoyance nevertheless.
DL does include transport to the private terminal with the cost of the upgrade, though its not stated what that means.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:27 pm
Formerly known as jbalis

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Executive, MGM Noir,
If there are a bunch of people packed on a private flight it is not exactly "private" just a smaller plane.....
I have flown private many times on planes as big as a G550 and if it is filled to the max even that gets cramped after 5 or 6 hours....
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:29 pm

DL does include transport to the private terminal with the cost of the upgrade, though its not stated what that means.
I stand corrected -- the press release linked at the beginning of this thread does say "Customers are contacted via email and offered the upgrade for an additional fee, which includes transportation to and from the private airport and the main commercial terminal, and complimentary on-board catering."

Having put my fears to rest I guess now I can accept all those DPJ offers when they start rolling in...
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:45 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
After the program gets going, if they don't get enuf takers by X number of hours before departure time, maybe they'll accept valuable SkyMiles in lieu of cash!!!

Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
After the program gets going, if they don't get enuf takers by X number of hours before departure time, maybe they'll accept valuable SkyMiles in lieu of cash!!!

They have to be valuable SkyMiles? I guess I'm SOL with the ones I've got
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL DM
I'm so jealous. However, the article just says that the couple are DL elites and doesn't specify the tier. It also doesn't state their original fare class.
???!!!???!!

For a PR piece would you honestly expect them to?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by bubbashow
???!!!???!!

For a PR piece would you honestly expect them to?
If they state how they were Silvers, on cheap coach tickets, then every person on the flight with a higher status/fare gets outraged they didn't get picked. If they boast how they were Diamonds on full flex first tickets....then the pax would come off as rich elites....Not sure if theres a way they could have published more details without there being problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.