Search

FCM head scratcher..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 5:38 pm
Used to be 'jwienner'
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Cool FCM head scratcher..

Booked a ticket, X fare, LAS-JFK (Y) for $169. An I fare (F) was for sale at $1,324. Go to choose seats on Delta.dumb and I have an offer to upgrade to F for $149. Purchase upgrade; Seated up front for a net of $318.

Brilliance by DL's revenue dept! ^:-:
Old Jul 28, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by AirTheory

Booked a ticket, X fare, LAS-JFK (Y) for $169. An I fare (F) was for sale at $1,324. Go to choose seats on Delta.dumb and I have an offer to upgrade to F for $149. Purchase upgrade; Seated up front for a net of $318.

Absolutely it is. You are a DM...you just paid $149 for something SOME DM would expect for free. DL nets $318 OW to JFK....636 RT is compatible with many similar RT in F.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AirTheory

You weren't willing to pay $1324 but you were wiling to pay $318. DL gained $169 more than the cost of your coach ticket. The only issue is whether enough people would have paid more for the number of FC seats on your flight.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
at T-24 OLCI, you can probably SDC to LAS-LAX-JFK if your schedule permits
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
Why on earth would any serious business person that values their time add 3 hours minimum to a 4.5 hour trip?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
who said anything about a "serious business person"? you know as well as I do that there are a bunch of DL FTers who want nothing more than to ride in D1 on the TCONs ...
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:41 pm

who said anything about a "serious business person"? you know as well as I do that there are a bunch of DL FTers who want nothing more than to ride in D1 on the TCONs ...
Enough to warrant flying an hour out of the way? Seriously? I'd love to fly an SQ suite, but I don't want to fly to SIN to get to HKG.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bubbashow
Enough to warrant flying an hour out of the way? Seriously? I'd love to fly an SQ suite, but I don't want to fly to SIN to get to HKG.
so don't

again, there are a bunch of DL FTers who delight in telling (if not preaching to) others how to value their time, and in criticizing (if not outright ridiculing) others for describing or or choosing to do something that doesn't make sense/cents to them
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:57 pm

so don't

again, there are a bunch of DL FTers who delight in telling (if not preaching to) others how to value their time, and in criticizing (if not outright ridiculing) others for describing or or choosing to do something that doesn't make sense/cents to them
I seriously knew upgrades to D1 were an issue....I could never envision flying so far out of my way on such a relatively short flight for a product like D1 I value my time at $XXX per hour. Every hour I take out of my time is worth that amount. Fascinating.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
+1. Couldn'ta ^^^ said it better myself
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:06 pm

I seriously knew upgrades to D1 were an issue....I could never envision flying so far out of my way on such a relatively short flight for a product like D1 I value my time at $XXX per hour. Every hour I take out of my time is worth that amount. Fascinating.
Have actually done this a few times in the day buf-jfk-lax-las.

My job (sales with a fair number of RFP's) and a lot of conferences, allows for me to work just about anywhere. Have laptop, will travel. I get 6 hours of peace and the ability to work on an rfp/rfi/rfq/questionnaire/proposal, in comfort.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat0809
Have actually done this a few times in the day buf-jfk-lax-las.

My job (sales with a fair number of RFP's) and a lot of conferences, allows for me to work just about anywhere. Have laptop, will travel. I get 6 hours of peace and the ability to work on an rfp/rfi/rfq/questionnaire/proposal, in comfort.
I've never been in any airplane seat that was more comfortable than a hotel room or my own desk. YMMV. I guess I value my time differently than some. It is worth real money to me.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:21 pm

I've never been in any airplane seat that was more comfortable than a hotel room or my own desk. YMMV. I guess I value my time differently than some. It is worth real money to me.
Yeah - not really able to work without interruptions at the office. On the low end its around 3 or 4 times an hour, on the upper end I lose a whole day. Just not feasible to buckle down at my own desk. Hotel room - I'm at Marriott's 99% of the time except when I'm in Vegas, and even then I'm out at the JW most of the time. I'll actually take the D1 seat.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver

Quite frankly, if one is a proud member of the WFBF crowd, with no need for any special benefits (like GASP an upgrade earned through status), it would seem that spending so much time on this forum would be the big waste of time.

It amazes me that with all the time you have spent on FT, all the posts, all the threads, you don't seem to get that there are a lot of folks on here that genuinely enjoy the strategizing; and more importantly, the flying.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
I thought SDC's to transcontinental D1 wasn't permitted by the rules?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.