Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LAX Check-in for Silver Medallions (FO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Check-in for Silver Medallions (FO)

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Widgets
Clicking on "priority check-in" shows this:

"Medallion® members have access to designated, Delta One™/Business Class or First Class check-in areas at most airports where Delta offers this service."

Pretty much only at small airports
I see the words "at most airports where DL offers this service." To me, this means that DL can give FOs special check in lines only where DL wants to do this. There's no guarantee.
Old May 29, 2015, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
BOS had check-in areas for SkyPriority/First/BE and also a Silver check-in to the far right.

With the relatively recent move of SkyPriority/First/D-One to the counters left of security by pre-check, I'm not sure if the FO area is still there off to the right.
Old May 29, 2015, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by BlueStreak17
There is a such thing as a Silver Medallion Line? Or is this a joke?
ATL sure does, now that I dropped to FO this year all the lines were crazy one day. Went to the silver medallion line where the agent in charge loudly declared "This area is not for you, this is if you only have a problem & need assistance not for checking bags. Just go back over to your regular line & (she made this clear) NOT SKY PRIORITY BUT AROUND THAT (Caps because she made that loud & clear)
Old May 29, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by vincentharris
"This area is not for you, this is if you only have a problem & need assistance not for checking bags. Just go back over to your regular line & (she made this clear) NOT SKY PRIORITY BUT AROUND THAT (Caps because she made that loud & clear)
This agent was wrong.
Old May 29, 2015, 2:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
This agent was wrong.
.....unless OP was in the special assistance line rather than a regular check in line.
Old May 29, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Of course there is a line exclusively for FOs. Here is a photo of said line in SEA.

Old May 29, 2015, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
.....unless OP was in the special assistance line rather than a regular check in line.
Nope she for whatever reason routed both lines to her chair to check before letting anyone in. I pointed at the screen that had Silver Medallion and she said what she did to me. So frustrated I said screw it and left to go to the super nice & long lines.
Old May 29, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Nope she for whatever reason routed both lines to her chair to check before letting anyone in. I pointed at the screen that had Silver Medallion and she said what she did to me. So frustrated I said screw it and left to go to the super nice & long lines.
I would have asked to speak to a red coat. If the agent had apologized and said, in a very nice way, something like, "I'm sorry, due to short staffing we are unable to offer silver medallion luggage check in, but we can help if you have a specific issue" it would have been better.

In any case, for Delta to not offer this service at ATL of all places is not acceptable.
Old May 29, 2015, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I would have asked to speak to a red coat. If the agent had apologized and said, in a very nice way, something like, "I'm sorry, due to short staffing we are unable to offer silver medallion luggage check in, but we can help if you have a specific issue" it would have been better.

In any case, for Delta to not offer this service at ATL of all places is not acceptable.
No point in asking for a redcoat, I had to get going. Especially since I was trucking over to long lines. Though I will be honest generally the WORST staff DL has is in ATL. Ironic as it is their global headquarters. SLC has some of the BEST ground staff I have ever seen. Flying in & out of SLC is a pleasure & clearly they need to do what they are doing out there globally because their customer service is exceptional.
Old May 29, 2015, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by BlueStreak17
There is a such thing as a Silver Medallion Line? Or is this a joke?
I have occasionally seen a dedicated FO check-in line at major airports. LGA comes to mind. However, if there isn't one, an FO is entitled to use the Sky Priority line.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
No point in asking for a redcoat, I had to get going. Especially since I was trucking over to long lines. Though I will be honest generally the WORST staff DL has is in ATL. Ironic as it is their global headquarters. SLC has some of the BEST ground staff I have ever seen. Flying in & out of SLC is a pleasure & clearly they need to do what they are doing out there globally because their customer service is exceptional.
I have to agree about SLC. It's not often I check in when there are droves of people (I have yet to see "bad" lines at SLC), but if I'm checking a bag, I just walk in the rightmost door, right past the SP line sign, and to the available agent(s) and drop my bags. They're pleasant, and if it's dead and I'm not in a hurry, sometimes we chat a bit. I remember the first time I went to the SP line as an FO, I felt nervous. But I walked past the line dragon, and checked my bags with no problem. Now I just confidently stroll in, and no one even questions if I have status or SP or whatever.
Old May 29, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL GM
I've never seen a line specifically for silvers. Probably because I don't fly from DL hubs. That said, I always go to SP line and I've never been turned away or something, even in LAX.
Old May 29, 2015, 7:10 pm

The full quote is: "Medallion® members have access to designated, Delta One™/Business Class or First Class check-in areas at most airports where Delta offers this service."

So the phrase "at most airports where DL offers this service" modifies the clause stating that Medallion members have access to the premium check-in areas - so the qualification of "most airports" would apply to all or no medallion members, not to FOs but not other medallions.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I see the words "at most airports where DL offers this service." To me, this means that DL can give FOs special check in lines only where DL wants to do this. There's no guarantee.
Old May 29, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
The full quote is: "Medallion® members have access to designated, Delta One™/Business Class or First Class check-in areas at most airports where Delta offers this service."

So the phrase "at most airports where DL offers this service" modifies the clause stating that Medallion members have access to the premium check-in areas - so the qualification of "most airports" would apply to all or no medallion members, not to FOs but not other medallions.
Agreed. So it's either dedicated FO line and SP line, or SP line for all medallions. In both cases there's a priority for FOs. Shame that some DL agents don't know that.
Old May 29, 2015, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by naranjero
Agreed. So it's either dedicated FO line and SP line, or SP line for all medallions. In both cases there's a priority for FOs. Shame that some DL agents don't know that.
Interesting - I didn't even know that and fell to FO this year .

So does this mean I can ignore the Sky Priorty signage at my airport that specifically calls out DM, PM and GM (but not FO) and use it with confidence? There is no dedicated FO line at my small airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.