Wiki Posts
Search

Uh, where did the beer go?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by jimquan
...During the remodel they forgot to expand the lavs along with increasing the seating....
IME... as they reamed out the clubs and reconfigured them for mass occupancy, the only club that received an increase in bathroom capacity was the hell-hole at B10 in ATL.

But, I can understand the error. Who would have considered that room capacity increases would warrant loo capacity increases? That's a pretty abstract concept.
Old May 29, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you saying that DL considers any bottle of beer to be luxury?
No. I'm saying that it appears that DL has downgraded the beer offerings to only have those 2 Buds on tap and any beer in bottles was moved to the "Luxury Bar" offerings. Only theorizing on that, since it looked like SLC did't have the full bar set up (only the new, free stuff) and in ATL those 3 bottles were on the bottom shelf of the "Luxury Bar" setup (along with some 3 bottles of flavored vodka). If anyone else had observations, I'd appreciate them to either reinforce or refute my assumption.
Old May 29, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Would you be shocked to hear I expect soon to see local microbrews from each SC city in the "free" selections? Yep - just wait and see! ^
I can confirm this is in the works. Not every DSC will have a complimentary craft beer available, but many will. Details are still being hammered out, but examples include Brooklyn Lager in JFK/LGA and Sweetwater in ATL.

Originally Posted by slidergirl
No. I'm saying that it appears that DL has downgraded the beer offerings to only have those 2 Buds on tap and any beer in bottles was moved to the "Luxury Bar" offerings. Only theorizing on that, since it looked like SLC did't have the full bar set up (only the new, free stuff) and in ATL those 3 bottles were on the bottom shelf of the "Luxury Bar" setup (along with some 3 bottles of flavored vodka). If anyone else had observations, I'd appreciate them to either reinforce or refute my assumption.
Miller Lite is also supposed to be a complimentary offering in all DSCs, either on tap or by bottle. If it was not available on any particular visit, then those DSCs must have been out of stock at the time.
Old May 29, 2015, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Details are still being hammered out, but examples include Brooklyn Lager in JFK/LGA and Sweetwater in ATL.
I miss free Sweetwater in the ATL SCs. It was the highlight of my forced connections in ATL.
Old May 29, 2015, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can confirm this is in the works. Not every DSC will have a complimentary craft beer available, but many will. Details are still being hammered out, but examples include Brooklyn Lager in JFK/LGA and Sweetwater in ATL...
If it happens... the return of the Sweetwater, which used to be complementary, will be touted by DL PR staff as a magnanimous gesture... a major step forward in customer service.

But, I would, nonetheless, welcome it.
Old May 29, 2015, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I can confirm this is in the works. Not every DSC will have a complimentary craft beer available, but many will. Details are still being hammered out, but examples include Brooklyn Lager in JFK/LGA and Sweetwater in ATL.

Miller Lite is also supposed to be a complimentary offering in all DSCs, either on tap or by bottle. If it was not available on any particular visit, then those DSCs must have been out of stock at the time.
Now, how about getting some decent wine for us? Please?
Old May 29, 2015, 9:07 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum
FYI Tsingtao is owned by bud. Did some consulting work for bud in china and spent a lot of time working with their breweries when they first acquired them. It's much better than bud but is essentially the same thing and would make sense as to why it is suddenly considered complimentary at the sc. Now Delta can appeal to the Chinese "joe six pack"
Old May 29, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Bud must give DL some good quantity discounts, maybe as part of an exclusive deal.
Old May 29, 2015, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - Diamond. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum. Starwoods - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by slidergirl
Luxury Bar or not. I am fine paying for it, but at least have some variety. That was my original issue with SLC.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:05 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by vossman
FYI Tsingtao is owned by bud. Did some consulting work for bud in china and spent a lot of time working with their breweries when they first acquired them. It's much better than bud but is essentially the same thing and would make sense as to why it is suddenly considered complimentary at the sc. Now Delta can appeal to the Chinese "joe six pack"
Tsingtao is not owned by Anheuser Busch, but have been a minority investor in the past. Today they own 0% of Tsingtao.

My bigger concern than the beer offering with DL is that as they are studying higher density seating in planes they will (naturally) apply it to lounges as well....
Old May 30, 2015, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Assertions of "a relatively quiet place" with a "thinned herd" gives cause to wonder when you were last in a club. I would suggest that the clubs are not markedly less crowded. Perhaps constraints on guests have merely freed up capacity for others who previously did not even bother trying to enter, and their return has left the clubs equally full.

And, "feed your need" sounds a tad bit judgmental. Was it intended to be so?
How about DTW (middle of A concourse) on 17 May? Much more open space. Relatively quiet in the work area.

I also saw much better space in ATL back in April, and SEA in April as well.

And, yes, it was judgmental. Because if the only reason you joined the SC was to score free booze, then perhaps you have a problem. Also, the amount of electrons dedicated to the free booze on board is staggering, to say the least. Not to mention the complaining about how someone's favorite brand may be in short supply or how to score extra minis, or how restricted they are in EC.

So yes, I judge. Deal with it.
Old May 30, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I miss free Sweetwater in the ATL SCs
. It was the highlight of my forced connections in ATL.
Agreed.
At least they added it to flights out of ATL, although I have found it hit and miss if it's actually on the plane.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Darth Chocolate
How about DTW (middle of A concourse) on 17 May? Much more open space. Relatively quiet in the work area.

And, yes, it was judgmental. Because if the only reason you joined the SC was to score free booze, then perhaps you have a problem. Also, the amount of electrons dedicated to the free booze on board is staggering, to say the least. Not to mention the complaining about how someone's favorite brand may be in short supply or how to score extra minis, or how restricted they are in EC.

What work area in the main DTW SC? DL removed the wonderful private carrels a while back.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Darth Chocolate

<sigh>

There is a cadre of your sort who can only maintain a debate by asserting false statements, thoughts, or motivations to others.

You cling to straw man assertions like a drowning man clings to a scrap of wood.

While it may not be apparent to you, it is clearly evident to others.

You, and the rest of the TOPTIP** group lessen the quality of discourse in the forum.

** TOPTIP = Typically Only Post To Insult People
Old May 30, 2015, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What work area in the main DTW SC? DL removed the wonderful private carrels a while back.
Did I miss something? The work stations were still there several months ago. The DTW clubs (all three in the main concourse) are about the only clubs that still have this business-person convenience.

There is also ATL centerpoint... which I almost hate to mention for fear that a mention will call it to the attention of Va Ave... since it is one of the few unravaged clubs that still resembles a Crown Room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.