Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award mileage charts?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Award mileage charts?

Been a while since I logged on, but for the life of me, I cant find the award mileage charts now.

I want to know the mileage requirements for Domestic F, either using all miles, or purchasing coach seat, and use miles for an upgrade
Old May 14, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by caseminole
Been a while since I logged on, but for the life of me, I cant find the award mileage charts now.

I want to know the mileage requirements for Domestic F, either using all miles, or purchasing coach seat, and use miles for an upgrade
Sorry, only honest airlines have mileage charts.
Old May 14, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC

PM me and I can send you a link to where the charts are on Delta's site - not easily found and you need a login. No special requirements and it gives you a wealth of information
Old May 14, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL PM
Looked up a trip today where the RT prices for the first leg showed 45K. Clicked on one of them to move to the return leg and all the prices jumped to 60K. Is this a DOT violation?
Old May 14, 2015, 3:46 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I don't have it in me to be any snarkier than to say that you missed a lot! I expect to see a good bit of snark here.

That said, there are no longer any requirements. The mileage redemption rates are literally "whatever" they are at the moment you do a search.

There are plenty of posts about it. My search function doesn't work on this device.

Last edited by davetravels; May 14, 2015 at 3:54 pm
Old May 14, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Yea in a nutshell Delta removed all its award charts and just said 'trust us'. Ok what they really said was not enough people used them so it wasnt worth the oh 1 meg of space that file took up on its servers so they deleted them.
Old May 14, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold

LOL
Old May 14, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
It is not a matter of DL does not want the charts known. It is that DL wants the concept to no longer exist.

Going forward, they want mile awards to be completely subject to revenue management. And then the price (in miles) is what it is.

Adding extra levels and pulling the chart are simply first steps in a fairly obvious plan.

And UA will follow 6 months later. And I expect AA to also follow once they get their house in order (merger wise).
Old May 14, 2015, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by exwannabe
It is not a matter of DL does not want the charts known. It is that DL wants the concept to no longer exist.

Going forward, they want mile awards to be completely subject to revenue management. And then the price (in miles) is what it is.

Adding extra levels and pulling the chart are simply first steps in a fairly obvious plan.

And UA will follow 6 months later. And I expect AA to also follow once they get their house in order (merger wise).
Magic 8 Ball says.... 1 gazillion miles.

Old May 14, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: Delta, United
What do hen's teeth, the Dodo bird, a unicorn, and Delta's Award Charts all have in common?
Old May 14, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Nine replies and nobody has answered the OP's question so far?

One-way domestic F awards cost 25,000 miles at the low level (aka R or Level 1) and go up to 55,000 miles at the peak level (aka RK or Level 5).

For reference, Delta Points has saved backups of the DL award charts here: http://deltapoints.boardingarea.com/...eference-post/

Mileage upgrade awards on domestic flights are possible only on K fares or higher and cost 12,500 miles per direction.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DemonDeacon
Looked up a trip today where the RT prices for the first leg showed 45K. Clicked on one of them to move to the return leg and all the prices jumped to 60K. Is this a DOT violation?
Did you do a sort by price? The default search is best match and the lowest priced options will not always show on the first page of flights unless you switch to sort by price.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Best match means what DL would like to sell you. It has no relation to your time preference or anything else. Don't just pick whatever looks best on the first page of search results.
Old May 15, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
I think it is about time the award charts becomes a sticky here. People have been looking for it before looking for the search button.
Old May 15, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets
I think it is about time the award charts becomes a sticky here. People have been looking for it before looking for the search button.
I am sorry but there are no award charts. A cached version of a chart is not meaningful in any way. I saw somebody say "it has been x posts and nobody gave the answer of 20K Y and 45K F" but that is also just plain not true. Those are the lowest possible miles but the reason it is no longer a chart is that those mileage rates only apply to routes and times DL see's choses. The reality is that the "Low" on many routes is unknown and will remain that way.

Last edited by avidflyer; May 15, 2015 at 10:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.