Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Emirates' CEO Clark takes off the gloves against "the troika"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates' CEO Clark takes off the gloves against "the troika"

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 12:45 am

There are no tax payers in UAE, there is no tax. All the wealth is dug up from the ground and goes to a bunch of Sultans and Sheikhs who are answerable to nobody. And any ordinary citizen who objects to their spending decisions pays a price.

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
As a U.S. taxpayer I have no desire in subsidizing the U.S. airlines. But if the taxpayers in the UAE are ok with subsidizing air travel then that's just fine with me and will welcome the competition. It's not our dime being wasted so why should any of us in the U.S. care? I would be more sympathetic if the US3 actually made an attempt at good customer service. A smile and thank you go a long way.
Old May 30, 2015, 12:49 am

Al Baker likes to spout off, a lot.

It's easy to spout off when there are no shareholders to be answerable to, the govt who owns you makes the laws favourable to you, throws people who object in jail, bribes sports organisations to get games trights, and provides an unlimited kitty of funds to dip into whenever you feel like.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The LON-JFK is likely to happen indeed.

Qatar's CEO says that Delta CEO Richard Anderson is many things but Anderson is definitely not an American patriot:

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/no-pl...ha-591841.html

Given what Delta management has done to SkyMiles customers in the main, let's just say some of those choice words about the Delta CEO ought to resonate well with SkyMiles customers.
Old May 30, 2015, 2:11 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by pk45cu
There are no tax payers in UAE, there is no tax. All the wealth is dug up from the ground and goes to a bunch of Sultans and Sheikhs who are answerable to nobody. And any ordinary citizen who objects to their spending decisions pays a price.
There are taxpayers in the UAE. Plenty of foreign bank and other property owners in the UAE pay some taxes.

Dubai, the home of EK, has less oil to extract than poor Yemen or India.

UAE has a Sultan? It has thousands of foreigners and locals with Sultan as a name, and I've met a lot of the past and present Sheikhs from the UAE; but I've never met an official Sultan from the UAE. You must know some other Dubai and UAE than myself.

Originally Posted by pk45cu
Al Baker likes to spout off, a lot.

It's easy to spout off when there are no shareholders to be answerable to, the govt who owns you makes the laws favourable to you, throws people who object in jail, bribes sports organisations to get games trights, and provides an unlimited kitty of funds to dip into whenever you feel like.
If only it were that simple, but then it may not sound so different than the U.S. or UK.

QR's CEO spouted off nicely against DL's CEO, the latter of whom sees American customers as the enemy (or "criminals" in a language more familiar to the former prosecuting lawyer turned DL CEO Richard Anderson).

Last edited by GUWonder; May 30, 2015 at 2:22 am
Old May 30, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by cmd320
This would absolutely revolutionize my TATL travel. Never again would I have to settle for either a decent hard product on a US carrier, OR a decent soft product on an EU carrier. I would finally be able to have both!

Best of luck to EK, really hoping this is true, and expands to more cities from there!
^
Old May 30, 2015, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
There are taxpayers in the UAE. Plenty of foreign bank and other property owners in the UAE pay some taxes.

Dubai, the home of EK, has less oil to extract than poor Yemen or India.

UAE has a Sultan? It has thousands of foreigners and locals with Sultan as a name, and I've met a lot of the past and present Sheikhs from the UAE; but I've never met an official Sultan from the UAE. You must know some other Dubai and UAE than myself.

If only it were that simple, but then it may not sound so different than the U.S. or UK.

QR's CEO spouted off nicely against DL's CEO, the latter of whom sees American customers as the enemy (or "criminals" in a language more familiar to the former prosecuting lawyer turned DL CEO Richard Anderson).
Your knowledge of the UAE has already been exposed as quite poor. ^

You want to be a freeloader- not a customer. The difference is vast, and DL is rightly doing away with the gamers.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by phenobarbital

You want to be a freeloader- not a customer. The difference is vast, and DL is rightly doing away with the gamers.
A TOPTIP sighting...
Old May 30, 2015, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
A TOPTIP sighting...
Another useless post.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure why this belongs on the DL board. Shouldn't there be a different forum for discussion of these issues?
Old May 30, 2015, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Where and how? Rather ironic if that were indeed true.

The last "freebie" I got from DL was a movie ticket with no expiration date -- something DL gave me closer to a decade ago than to today -- and I've never used it. DL's gotten lots of money from me -- thousands of times more than I've paid EK, EY or QR -- so I've certainly been a DL customer and not a freeloader.

By the way, unlike with US carriers such as DL, neither of the UAE's two major carriers (EK and EY) have ever given me a freebie of any sort.

And unlike with Qatar, the UAE's senior government officials, however, have given me some freebies by paying for my meals and inviting me to catered evens like their national day celebrations in various countries. But they also know I've been critical of their government and can't be bought. DL couldn't buy me either despite paying my invoices.
Old May 30, 2015, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
In all seriousness, I'm not sure why this belongs on the DL board. Shouldn't there be a different forum for discussion of these issues?
Nope, it's fine right here. Anderson chose to make an ... out of himself with his ridiculous comments. Did he think the ME3 wouldn't respond?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Emirates' new TV commercial features Jennifer Aniston with a not so subtle dig at troika service.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwYr...ature=youtu.be
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Emirates' new TV commercial features Jennifer Aniston with a not so subtle dig at troika service.
Thanks for posting, I hadn't seen this. Great!
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by SFO777

It's a cute ad but this seems like Fogo de Chao advertising how much better their food is than Old Country Buffet. Never-mind the price difference.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kop84
It's a cute ad but this seems like Fogo de Chao advertising how much better their food is than Old Country Buffet. Never-mind the price difference.
I don't understand the comparison. EK is often considerably cheaper in premium cabins than their European or American rivals.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I don't understand the comparison. EK is often considerably cheaper in premium cabins than their European or American rivals.
I agree flew IAH-DXB-SYD in First Class and paid $10k roundtrip. DL charges 10k on business on LAX-SYD roundtrip. When you add in connections for me I only add about 6 houts and get much better service. Ive moved all international flying to EK since I found out about their pricing. (It is also great value out of multiple other countries) Add in DXB is IMO the best airport to transit and it seals the deal. Also add in EK can get me to just about any international destination without changing airlines or needing to make a second connection and it's a no-brainer.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Earlier this year, my one way CPT-DXB-JFK EK First flight was only $3,500.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.