Community
Wiki Posts
Search

94 MQMs missing for PM

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
(Setting aside the unrelated thought that 12.5k RDM for a $120 flight isn't that great of a deal anyway...)

Because it appears that you just burned a $50 travel voucher and $70 cash for no good reason?

Elite status on its own means nothing and has no value unless you are actually using the benefits associated with it.
I can't agree with you more. I want to add that not only using the benefits but also realizing the benefits too.

Unless you drink (a lot), I don't really think C+ or since the days of EC (again, with free spirits) is worth anything to pay for. (Maybe I'll shell out $10 but not $120).
For international trips, drinks are free, overhead bins should be plentiful on widebodies, Pitch is still not great, really not worth it. On the other hand, I think C+ is better for domestic. Free booze, first dibs on overhead bins, great pitch in first row behind F with only curtains. Now that is more convincing.

I'm not saying it's useless, I think it's just not worth the price. However, I am glad you are happy with your investments.^
Old May 6, 2015, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Location: TLV, JFK, ORD and everywhere in between (no longer SEA)
Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Esltroy
Thanks OP for sticking with us on figuring out why you wanted to go for the PM status. When I was working on higher status, I was also on a long haul to Anchorage. I really wanted to get the status while I was there for a week. My status did clear before my trip home. I was glad because I really wanted to at least be on the upgrade list. But, if I did not have a trip planned between statuses, I would consider a milage run to at least have the possibility of being upgraded. Good luck.

Thanks!
I do wonder if my travel as PM would be vastly different than as a gold
Old May 6, 2015, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SeattleiteTelavivian
Thanks!
I do wonder if my travel as PM would be vastly different than as a gold
It will definitely change when you discover you are only 62 miles away from becoming a DM!
Old May 6, 2015, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Location: TLV, JFK, ORD and everywhere in between (no longer SEA)
Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
It will definitely change when you discover you are only 62 miles away from becoming a DM!
ha

on that note: is there any stats/knowledge of how many PMs (and GM/DM) got booted off the medallion pool once the MQD rule stepped in? ideally it should be somewhat better/less crowded now? or am I mistaken?
Old May 6, 2015, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by SeattleiteTelavivian
ha

on that note: is there any stats/knowledge of how many PMs (and GM/DM) got booted off the medallion pool once the MQD rule stepped in? ideally it should be somewhat better/less crowded now? or am I mistaken?
Based on complaints from those hating on FCM or just not getting upgrades, probably negligible.
Old May 6, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by davetravels
I thought that every time someone's account was less than 100 MQMs from PM or DM, an alert was triggered to the "LESS THAN 100 MQM department" for them to automatically review said account for a freebie MQM bump?!?

They will have to interface with their partners in the Just 101 MQM Short Department, which is never easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.