Search

Upgrade with Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Upgrade with Miles?

Hello all,
I have a ticket booked from DCA to YVR through MSP. The outbound is in K fare and the return is V. I know I can only try to upgrade the outbound. Is there a chart of the cost of these upgrades or did that disappear along with the regular award chart? Also, is there a way to use miles to "Pay" for the upgrade? The price difference between my fare and First isn't that much. Basically, I'm just looking for the best way to try to upgrade this trip using miles. I assume it can't be done online.
Thanks you!
Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mileage Upgrade award chart has been removed along with regular award chart. It used to be 12,500 miles for one-way upgrade on a K+ fare (5000 miles on a full Y fare). You have to call to attempt it. Note that if the price difference is less that $125, you can potentially upgrade with miles for less than 12,500 miles (since the rate is .01/mile). Upgrade with miles can be done online.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much for the info. Glad I'm not losing my mind. Quick question: how do I upgrade with miles online? I can't seem to figure it out.
Thanks again!
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Okay, I guess I was confused. You can only use Upgrade with Miles at time of booking -- http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ith-miles.html

After the fact, you will either have to pay for the upgrade or request a Mileage Upgrade award.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

OK. Thanks. Glad to hear I wasn't just missing it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.