Wiki Posts
Search

Denied FC Service Post-Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Avis FIRST

4/17/15; DM on a FSD-MSP-SLC routing. I boarded in FSD and checked the FlyDelta ap for my upgrade status for the second leg. It advised I was 2 of 32 w/ 6 seats available, roughly T minus 90 minutes.

I arrived in MSP and deplaned with roughly T minus 25 minutes. I checked the FlyDelta ap and found that I had been upgraded from 8A to 1D. I pulled up my new BP showing 1D, pocketed my phone and headed to the gate.

I arrived at the gate at T minus 18 to find most of the passengers had boarded. There was a trio of men around the desk, presumably waiting on standby to clear. I approached the gate agent and she advised that the scanner was down and asked me for my seat number to manually enter me as boarded. I told her 1D and she had a look of disdain on her face and furiously clickity clacked at her keyboard. She replied that 1D wasn't my seat and asked for my name. I gave her my name and she replied that I was in seat 8A. I informed her that I had a BP showing 1D and she said I must be mistaken. I pulled out my BP on my phone and showed her my BP for 1D. All of a sudden she changed her story and remarked that , "oh, you were upgraded to 1D, but there was an emergency situation and I had to move you back to your original seat." It's now T minus 15, so I suck it up and board to 8A. While boarding, I observe a man in 1D and the rest of FC completely full. Meaning there were no broken seats in FC or otherwise.

What possibly could an emergency be to remove me from my FC seat and give it to somebody else? Especially since I presumably wasn't the final upgrade into FC (2 of 32 with 6 open at T minus 90). A Sky Marshall taking that seat due to a risk?

Should I feel slighted by the gate agent's willingness to lie or stretch the truthfulness of her actions until I presented my boarding pass to her, at which she then admitted what she had done to my seat. Should I make any correspondence to Delta after not being served in a class of service for which I had a seat assignment/boarding pass. Long day and missed out on meal service with no chance to get a meal at MSP due to the 25min connection time. What could possibly have been the emergency to replace my seat with another passenger?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
I'll eat popcorn and wait for the delta media team to deal with this. Just so you know it will include A) you lie and we are only hearing one side of the story, b) if you want first buy first, c) it is your fault for not getting to the gate in time, d) medallion members have become over entitled. Then there will be a smattering of people who did not actually read your post and say things like, "OP should have printed out his boarding pass." 8D is first class on this plane". And show me proof. I want copies of boarding passes, names of agents and your HIV status. Etc... Good luck.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I'm sorry you had to experience this. A similar situation occurred to me at MEM. I deboarded and confronted the gate agent and ultimately got me upgrade. I followed up on the situation via a friend that works for DL. They took care of things. Please escalate this matter until you get someone who will pay attention.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Esltroy
I'll eat popcorn and wait for the delta media team to deal with this. Just so you know it will include A) you lie and we are only hearing one side of the story, b) if you want first buy first, c) it is your fault for not getting to the gate in time, d) medallion members have become over entitled. Then there will be a smattering of people who did not actually read your post and say things like, "OP should have printed out his boarding pass." 8D is first class on this plane". And show me proof. I want copies of boarding passes, names of agents and your HIV status. Etc... Good luck.
A) I have a screenshot of my bp. I'm not trying to whine. I'm legitimately looking for an emergency cause as stated by the GA.

B) Was I technically righted to that class of service via the upgrade or not? My company doesn't allow me to purchase FC, so WFBF isn't realistic. I'm wanting first only because I was upgraded and held a boarding pass stating such.

C) I was to the gate in plenty of time. T minus 18 doesn't seem to be the threshold that upgrades go back into the pool.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
I think she upgraded you then had something she felt was more important, which she disingenuously described to you as an emergency.

What in the world could a seat emergency even be? 2A was on fire so I moved them to your seat?

She lied and got away with it.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by lcbj68c
A) I have a screenshot of my bp. I'm not trying to whine. I'm legitimately looking for an emergency cause as stated by the GA.

B) Was I technically righted to that class of service via the upgrade or not? My company doesn't allow me to purchase FC, so WFBF isn't realistic. I'm wanting first only because I was upgraded and held a boarding pass stating such.

C) I was to the gate in plenty of time. T minus 18 doesn't seem to be the threshold that upgrades go back into the pool.
I do not doubt that at all. I am glad you are prepared when the delta (employees, delta stick holders, or delta apologists) show up. How is it ok under FT rules that someone who benefits financially (namely those who have delta stock) post and benefit financially are allowed to post? They even brag that they are stock holders. Pretty messed up.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: dl dm, *g
4/17/15; DM on a FSD-MSP-SLC routing. I boarded in FSD and checked the FlyDelta ap for my upgrade status for the second leg. It advised I was 2 of 32 w/ 6 seats available, roughly T minus 90 minutes.

I arrived in MSP and deplaned with roughly T minus 25 minutes. I checked the FlyDelta ap and found that I had been upgraded from 8A to 1D. I pulled up my new BP showing 1D, pocketed my phone and headed to the gate.

I arrived at the gate at T minus 18 to find most of the passengers had boarded. There was a trio of men around the desk, presumably waiting on standby to clear. I approached the gate agent and she advised that the scanner was down and asked me for my seat number to manually enter me as boarded. I told her 1D and she had a look of disdain on her face and furiously clickity clacked at her keyboard. She replied that 1D wasn't my seat and asked for my name. I gave her my name and she replied that I was in seat 8A. I informed her that I had a BP showing 1D and she said I must be mistaken. I pulled out my BP on my phone and showed her my BP for 1D. All of a sudden she changed her story and remarked that , "oh, you were upgraded to 1D, but there was an emergency situation and I had to move you back to your original seat." It's now T minus 15, so I suck it up and board to 8A. While boarding, I observe a man in 1D and the rest of FC completely full. Meaning there were no broken seats in FC or otherwise.

What possibly could an emergency be to remove me from my FC seat and give it to somebody else? Especially since I presumably wasn't the final upgrade into FC (2 of 32 with 6 open at T minus 90). A Sky Marshall taking that seat due to a risk?

Should I feel slighted by the gate agent's willingness to lie or stretch the truthfulness of her actions until I presented my boarding pass to her, at which she then admitted what she had done to my seat. Should I make any correspondence to Delta after not being served in a class of service for which I had a seat assignment/boarding pass. Long day and missed out on meal service with no chance to get a meal at MSP due to the 25min connection time. What could possibly have been the emergency to replace my seat with another passenger?
What time was your SLC flight?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

Confirmed Shena.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Confirmed Shena.
Details?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gloyster
What time was your SLC flight?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orca15
I think she upgraded you then had something she felt was more important, which she disingenuously described to you as an emergency.

What in the world could a seat emergency even be? 2A was on fire so I moved them to your seat?

She lied and got away with it.
That was my thought as I stewed in my seat. I guess my options were let her get away with it or be an unruly passenger and risk not being allowed to board at all.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Confirmed Shena.
How can you confirm? Is a "complaint" worthwhile?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: TK*G
If your mobile boarding pass still showed 1D, you should of told the FAs that there was someone sitting in your seat. If DL's systems have you in 1D, I doubt that the other passenger would be able to produce a boarding pass showing that seat, and the FA's should kick imposter 1D back to Y.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 12:19 am

Programs: dl dm, *g
Maybe it was a last minute check in form an inconvenienced 1st class passenger.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:12 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Quote:

Confirmed Shena.

How can you confirm? Is a "complaint" worthwhile?
I can't confirm. My post was to pre-emptively balance the "blame the OP" crowd who usually show up in these threads.

Whether we ever get an answer or not this is most definitely worth a complaint. Even if there was a legit "emergency" which I doubt, as the second pax UGed out of probably 6, someone else should have been DGed before you, and the GA owed you more of an explanation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.