Wiki Posts
Search

Lie flat to Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Question Lie flat to Hawaii

On my most recent trip to Kona, LAX<-->KOA was the newly configured 757 with the lie flats in F. Very nice indeed. ^

Now I go to book the next trip, and it appears it's back to the cruddy 757 that looks like it's last refurb was in the 1980s.

Anyone any idea what the scoop is?

Last edited by oh912flyer; Mar 31, 2015 at 4:59 pm Reason: Add icon
Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:05 pm

My wife and I flew LAX/KOA and back earlier this month with the lie-flat seats. I agree they are great (especially on the red-eye way home). The last day for this aircraft on this route is April 6th.

We couldn't decide between OGG and KOA and ending up choosing KOA because of the lie-flat seats

I have no idea why this plane showed up for a time on this route. I've never seen lie-flat from LAX to any Hawaii city (except HNL at times with a 76W). Maybe the plane would have just stayed in LAX for the night (RON I believe what this is called) and Delta tried it. I'm guessing this plane is usually LAX to JFK and back.

Unfortunately, I don't think it is going to be the norm for LAX to any Hawaii city.

Happydad
Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
The first flight LAX HNL is almost always a 76W with lie flats. The 75W on KOA was just temporary. It goes away as those planes are shifted to seasonal TATLs for the summer. Typically it's an 752 with slightly different F seats (footrest and slightly more recline).
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: DM/3MM
If it's a 757, DL swaps these planes quite a bit, so even if you book a flat bed, you may not get it (and vice versa). Net, if flying a 757 to HI, don't count on a flat bed.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
There are a lot of random subs to HI. You cant count on it for the most part, EXCEPT the morning LAX-HNL and the 11am return HNL-LAX and of course the ATL-HNL-ATL direct with the A330.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses. Hopefully it returns after the summer peak season
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
When was the 757 used? This year?

Flew LAX-HNL recently, enjoyed it on the 76W.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by mnredfox

Flew LAX-HNL recently, enjoyed it on the 76W.
I was on that flight two days ago and loved it. I know some people find those lie-flat seats tight but I'm somewhat petite and was sublimely comfortable. I fit well into those seats, even sleeping on my side.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I flew Feb/Mar. LAX->KOA->LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.