Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

My Delta 'Good Deed' of the Day gets me some skymiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM

The flight was 1162 last night, LAX to JFK. The flight boarded 5 minutes earlier then usual, not such a big deal, right? I love the fact that Diamonds board with F/J by the way. I board and take my seat in 18D (lousy seat due to the arm rest being immovable). I quickly notice how the OHB space quickly gets taken up on this 100% full flight. Enter the lady sitting in 18A who boarded 15 minutes later then everyone else. There was no room for her luggage and she immediately began to piss and moan to this one male flight attendant, who by chance, happened to be working his first transcon flight. This lady wouldn't let up. I was witness to his valiant efforts to find a place for her luggage but there was just nothing he could do. So, she continues with her rant on this poor guy until the time the FA in charge of the flight had to come over and tell her to cool it. Finally, she gave up after the FA said this was turning into a safety concern.

So, long story short, half way through the flight, I told the female lead FA and the male FA that I would write in to Delta to explain how the male FA tried his best to accommodate this idiot sitting in 18A and that he maintained his composure and professionalism. The FA's were very appreciative and gave me 2,500 skymiles for my efforts. So, I just got done with the E mail and sent it in to Delta. I only decided to write into Delta when the lady in 18A said she wanted the FA's name and was going to file a complaint.

I have done this sort of thing before, I don't know how it ended up but I did get an E mail from Delta saying they would recognize the incident by placing a note in the FA's file.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
When I see or experience a front-line employee doing their job very well I always write in about it. It's important because they probably mostly receive complaints.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
To the OP, good job on writing in a complement. I can't imagine that they'd take the woman's complaint seriously anyway, though.

So did Delta check her luggage for her? From the way she reacted, you'd think they just tossed it out the door!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bowgie
To the OP, good job on writing in a complement. I can't imagine that they'd take the woman's complaint seriously anyway, though.

So did Delta check her luggage for her? From the way she reacted, you'd think they just tossed it out the door!
they yanked it off the plane. The lady was a bit**
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Wonder if this lady was pissed off that there was no room for her bag in the "dedicated overhead bin space" for C+ pax. Yes, the lady seems like a real class act, but to some extent I have to think DL sets itself up for this kind of thing.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The letter

Dear Delta, I wanted to take a quick moment out of my afternoon to let you know of a particular incident that happened on Delta flight 1162 which involved a flight attendant by the name of XXXXX and a female passenger sitting in seat 18A. I was witness to what I would describe as very rude and inappropriate behavior of this female passenger towards this F/A. It seemed to be due to her late boarding of the aircraft and her not having a place to put her carry on luggage. She seemed to take this out on XXX who in my eyes, did everything humanely possible to help her out. He was very courteous and respectful towards her and apologized profusely for not being able to find a place to put her carry on. In fact, I would like to single out XXX for a Job Well Done on this flight. Even though this passenger was acting inappropriately and wouldn't let up in regards to her luggage, XXX did not let this bother him as he maintained his composure and professionalism throughout the entire flight. Please feel free to reach out to me in regards to this incident if you like. Its employees like XXX that make the difference and I felt even though there was obviously no pleasing this lady sitting in 18A, he did all he could to help. XXX is definitely a FA I would want to see on my future flights. Sincerely, XXXXX
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
Wonder if this lady was pissed off that there was no room for her bag in the "dedicated overhead bin space" for C+ pax. Yes, the lady seems like a real class act, but to some extent I have to think DL sets itself up for this kind of thing.
The real problem with the 757S is that the OHB's really don't even start until row 20. There are no OHB's over row 18 and the first half of row 19 has emergency stuff in them so you really can't even stow stuff in the OHB's until the back part of row 19 to row 20. If your sitting in row 18 this puts you at a serious disadvantage if you board late. This is hardly the FA's fault and one of the reasons I love the fact that Delta now boards Diamonds with F/J class.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
they yanked it off the plane. The lady was a bit**
A bit what?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HongKonger
A bit what?
..... with a capital B. Better?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
..... with a capital B. Better?
Are you saying that she's a dog?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
A female dog.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you saying that she's a dog?
Last time I do something nice and post it here.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
I'm glad the FA kept his composure and that you noticed that and wrote to DL to compliment him.

I'm not really sure the flight crew giving you 2,500 miles for complimenting the FA is moral if you will. I'm sure the male FA in question/the lead FA/others appreciated the compliment. I just don't really see the need for it. I've sent in numerous compliments about GAs, even FAs too and never got any miles for saying good things about them, nor do I expect compensation for saying something good.

A complaint is a different thing however.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Dear Delta, I wanted to take a quick moment out of my afternoon to let you know of a particular incident that happened on Delta flight 1162 which involved a flight attendant by the name of XXXXX and a female passenger sitting in seat 18A. I was witness to what I would describe as very rude and inappropriate behavior of this female passenger towards this F/A. It seemed to be due to her late boarding of the aircraft and her not having a place to put her carry on luggage. She seemed to take this out on XXX who in my eyes, did everything humanely possible to help her out. He was very courteous and respectful towards her and apologized profusely for not being able to find a place to put her carry on. In fact, I would like to single out XXX for a Job Well Done on this flight. Even though this passenger was acting inappropriately and wouldn't let up in regards to her luggage, XXX did not let this bother him as he maintained his composure and professionalism throughout the entire flight. Please feel free to reach out to me in regards to this incident if you like. Its employees like XXX that make the difference and I felt even though there was obviously no pleasing this lady sitting in 18A, he did all he could to help. XXX is definitely a FA I would want to see on my future flights. Sincerely, XXXXX
Nice letter. This Bit** and her bags could have been tossed. Treat people with respect, and perhaps the same will be given. ^ to the FA. DL could have issued a full refund and told her to find another mode of transport to JFK. Let me guess, she is returning home to NY City. Class act!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:52 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by N639DL
I'm not really sure the flight crew giving you 2,500 miles for complimenting the FA is moral if you will. I'm sure the male FA in question/the lead FA/others appreciated the compliment. I just don't really see the need for it.
Agreed. Had a flt that has 8 Chinese businessmen in F. Seems they had a problem with the processed noodles but the purser didn’t understand their complaint. With a little assistance, I explained why they were distressed and the FA wanted to give me 2,500 RDM’s. I said no, karma and all that. Just happy to make the flt a little more comfortable for everyone but I guess FA's have this discretion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.