Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No SkyPriority security lane at JFK T4

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down No SkyPriority security lane at JFK T4

Can any Delta staff lurkers tell me why there is no longer a SkyPriority security lane at the JFK T4?

The swanky SkyPriority check is is nice and all, but mostly pointless if it takes 25 mins to get through security as a Diamond Medallion on international business class as it has done on my past two trips. Flying with European partner airlines both times (KLM and Virgin) so no TSAPre.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
I was in T4 earlier this morning.

I am fairly certain I saw a sign for the SkyPriority lane immediately to the left of the Pre√ lane.

Are you sure about this?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Yeah I'm sure. Maybe a timing thing - both flights were late evening... Sky Prio sign turned around and no-one checking boarding passes.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
If I take an early morning flight (think 0615-0630) out of T4, precheck is never open and the sky priority lane isn't always open either.....however, at that time of the morning there usually isn't much of a line.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
US airport should start having Priority Lanes Like Europe, Period!

Dedicated X-ray and staff, no jamming from other pax. perhaps needed to be only PM+ and J and F pax but it would be so much nicer and i am sure people would spend more to PM on one airline for that.

it is always nice and smooth in EU till you get back to stateside -,-
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
I am tired of this PM+ garbage. If there is a priority lane it should be all elite flyers - FO, GM, PM and DM. Why do you think you all are so more entitled to such a lane? Get off you high horse.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GoCanes
I am tired of this PM+ garbage. If there is a priority lane it should be all elite flyers - FO, GM, PM and DM. Why do you think you all are so more entitled to such a lane? Get off you high horse.
It is funny, isn't it, how so many people want to restrict this or that benefit to "my status and above". I actually think they're shouldn't be a priority lane for so-called "elite" flyers. Why should the airlines be allowed to control access to a government function?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
It is funny, isn't it, how so many people want to restrict this or that benefit to "my status and above". I actually think they're shouldn't be a priority lane for so-called "elite" flyers. Why should the airlines be allowed to control access to a government function?
Airlines don't. This is inaccurate. Airports negotiate with airlines to provide premium access lanes. This is one way airports can lure more flights and travelers. TSA takes over at the podium and EVERY flier regardless of status must satisfy TSA security requirements. Airlines have no control over this.
The lines are controlled by the airport.

One example, A concourse at STL has a First Class lane. It's provided by the airport and is not specific to any airline.

In terms of their validity, giving frequent fliers access to a somewhat "faster" Lane makes flying a little less annoying. Why not reward these road warriors with a lane full of frequent fliers who know the rules and will move through screening faster.

Last edited by DCAproducer; Mar 29, 2015 at 7:52 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
Also funny as a DM you call out the poster who wants the benefit that you have. How dare he

Can I assume then you don't use the priority lanes?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Cascascas
Can any Delta staff lurkers tell me why there is no longer a SkyPriority security lane at the JFK T4?

The swanky SkyPriority check is is nice and all, but mostly pointless if it takes 25 mins to get through security as a Diamond Medallion on international business class as it has done on my past two trips. Flying with European partner airlines both times (KLM and Virgin) so no TSAPre.
I was trying to get rebooked late one night at JFK. I stood in the Medallion line for about an hour. I was one away from the front, then they said "Sorry, this is line closed at X o'clock, please use the other line" (which was longer than the Medallion line).
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Cascascas

Well, if it makes you feel any better last time I cleared JFK T4 with Pre-√ it still took 15 minutes.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Airlines don't. This is inaccurate. Airports negotiate with airlines to provide premium access lanes. This is one way airports can lure more flights and travelers. TSA takes over at the podium and EVERY flier regardless of status must satisfy TSA security requirements. Airlines have no control over this.
The lines are controlled by the airport.

One example, A concourse at STL has a First Class lane. It's provided by the airport and is not specific to any airline.

In terms of their validity, giving frequent fliers access to a somewhat "faster" Lane makes flying a little less annoying. Why not reward these road warriors with a lane full of frequent fliers who know the rules and will move through screening faster.
The TSA doesn't belong to the STL airport either. The federal government should say no no no, you let everybody in equally. You can make any arrangement with the airlines you want, that has nothing to do with us. Everybody comes, or nobody comes.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by aljacket
Also funny as a DM you call out the poster who wants the benefit that you have. How dare he

Can I assume then you don't use the priority lanes?
I was responding to GoCanes (who does have the same benefit as me), affirming his point of view, which was a deprecation of the Felixishim that the Sky Priority lanes should be restricted to PM+ (thereby excluding GoCanes). GoCane's attitude is that the benefit should be extended to people "below" him.

I actually do not use the priority lanes - I use the Übermenschen lanes, to which I have access as a NEXUS member. I have a few things to say about that too - I have been through that lane at JFK T4 ALONE, from the time I passed the document checker until I picked up my things from the x-ray. It's an enormous misallocation of resources. But as long as it's there, I might as well use it - it's a special lane, not just a special routing to the same place, and if I don't use it I take up space in the other lane and leave the space empty in "my" lane.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:09 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
I agree! Why should a rushing road warrior be stuck behind the following scenario . . . . <One of my favorite TSA stories> . . . .

I was going thru Pre-Chek, and I heard the following happening behind me in the line next over . . . .

Ma'am . . . Please put the baby seat thru the x-ray machine. . . . .

<a minute or 2 of silence>

Ma'am . . . Please take the baby out of the seat first!

Ya' gotta luv'it!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
I actualky now dread using T4 and actually prefer their other dumpy JFK terminal as its quicker. TSA pre has also become a total mess as the xrays closest to thr line have been closed the last 5 times ive been there. So tsa pre merges with another line creating a huge backlog with people who do not understand what pre means. So from 3 min wait to at least 15. Landed in their new gates (the last one like B55 maybe) WOW what a walk. Its just crazy and there are huge gaos without those moving sidewalks or what ever they are called. I think DL really needs to do something asap. I really dont care how nice a terminal is but i do care how quick and easy i can use the terminal. T4 is no longer the breeze it was when it was only international - oh and thry need another skyclub - i now skip the club simply because i dint want to walk there and then walk back to the gate - its not well planned at all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.